X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israel army to investigate human shields

Children 'used as human shields by Israeli soldiers'

11:03 Friday March 9th 2007

The Israeli army is investigation allegations that its soldiers used Palestinian children as human shields during a recent military operation in the West Bank.
    The Israeli human rights group B'Tselem says soldiers used a 15-year-old boy and 11-year-old girl as protection while searching houses during a major raid in the city of Nablus last week.

The children were allegedly forced to enter houses ahead of the Israeli troops in case of possible ambushes.

Israel's Supreme Court has already ruled that such actions are illegal.

Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

WHeres that from McCloud?
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Irish Indo and Examiner

http://www.unison.ie/breakingnews/in...a=33&si=10 7351

Comment

I wonder if the U.S and British Governments will condemn them as they did with their former ally Saddam back in 1990/91?
        There are only two roads, victory for the working class, freedom, or victory for the fascists which means tyranny. Both combatants know what\'s in store for the loser.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

What ever happened to those people who went over to Iraq before the war, to act as human shields? Would I be right in thinking they made a run for it as soon as the shooting started?
          Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
          "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Originally posted by who?
            What ever happened to those people who went over to Iraq before the war, to act as human shields? Would I be right in thinking they made a run for it as soon as the shooting started?

Anyone who has made a living by singing songs like 'I'm being followed by a moonshadow' and 'Morning has broken' should have stayed put until he was shot.
            There are only two roads, victory for the working class, freedom, or victory for the fascists which means tyranny. Both combatants know what\'s in store for the loser.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

Well I guess the investigation will be fairly straight forward seeing as it's the Israelian army investigating itself. I'm sure it's just left wing loons trying to stir trouble[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
                Well I guess the investigation will be fairly straight forward seeing as it's the Israelian army investigating itself. I'm sure it's just left wing loons trying to stir trouble[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

It's probably due to those very brave European "observers" who have based themselves in Palestine to keep an eye on what the Israelis are up to that this story came out. Well done, unsung heroes.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The Israelis used Palestinians as human shields in the Jenin camp in 2001. Human Rights Watch certainly do a great job in bringing these incidents to the attention of anyone interested enough in keeping an eye on these rogue states like Israel who are in effect agents of the U.S and British capitalist class.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

Working...
                  X