The Restaurant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Restaurant

Is there any finer indicator of celtic-tiger w*nkerdom than this show? I'm not talking about the food critics per se, moreso the non-celebrity "diners". People who think finding fault with the slightest aspect of their meal is the height of sophistication. I was forced to watch it this evening (clockwork orange style) and one of the dishes served was lamb. Critics had no problem with it, but this woman at a table of 4 (nose permanently pointed at ceiling) was not quite sure if hers was the requisite pink colour. Cue much passing around the table while everyone had a good look and offered an opinion while their own dinners went cold. The chef in the kitchen was rolling his eyes watching it. It's like being happy with your meal is passé. This is a feature every week. It's quite often some gobdaw from the sticks who up until a few years ago was perfectly happy with gammon steaks and chips for dinner, who will now turn his nose up at lobster and sniff haughtily about the origin of his disappointing wine which has a slight nose of vulcanized rubber! Thank god I don't drink wine if these wannabe's are what you run the risk of becoming. Sorry folks. Had to get that off my chest. Feel better now. I think I'll have some wine to calm my nerves. A lively red with a hint of dandelions from the Monterey peninsula should hit the spot.[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]
    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Lisa Burke was ravishing last week! I love that woman. [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]
    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I cannot believe I missed her on it. Typical, I'm made watch it the week Tony shagging Fenton is on. Lisa is pure class, but the thoughts of some ignoramus badmouthing her cookery skills would be too much for me to handle!
      Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

She got a "4" as well for her lovely meal.
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

They should have given her a 5.[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd give her 1.

Comment

[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
              Originally posted by Chief
              Is there any finer indicator of celtic-tiger w*nkerdom than this show? I'm not talking about the food critics per se, moreso the non-celebrity "diners". People who think finding fault with the slightest aspect of their meal is the height of sophistication. I was forced to watch it this evening (clockwork orange style) and one of the dishes served was lamb. Critics had no problem with it, but this woman at a table of 4 (nose permanently pointed at ceiling) was not quite sure if hers was the requisite pink colour. Cue much passing around the table while everyone had a good look and offered an opinion while their own dinners went cold. The chef in the kitchen was rolling his eyes watching it. It's like being happy with your meal is passé. This is a feature every week. It's quite often some gobdaw from the sticks who up until a few years ago was perfectly happy with gammon steaks and chips for dinner, who will now turn his nose up at lobster and sniff haughtily about the origin of his disappointing wine which has a slight nose of vulcanized rubber! Thank god I don't drink wine if these wannabe's are what you run the risk of becoming. Sorry folks. Had to get that off my chest. Feel better now. I think I'll have some wine to calm my nerves. A lively red with a hint of dandelions from the Monterey peninsula should hit the spot.[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

Have to agree with all points raised so far on this thread. That Lisa Burke bird is a fine thing, but God help her husband, she came across as a bit neurotic in a "Fatal Attraction" kind of way.

Agree re. non-celebrity diners(although that Tom Doorley is king gowl in my book). In general they are fine, but every so often you get the odd tool who has become a naturalized south Dubliniumite (I have a couple ofacquaintances who have amazingly lost their Rathkeale/Croagh/Kilfinney warble, in favour of the mellifluous tones of south County Dublin).
                Romani ite Domun

Comment

Originally posted by Paddie
                  I have a couple ofacquaintances who have amazingly lost their Rathkeale/Croagh/Kilfinney warble, in favour of the mellifluous tones of south County Dublin
                  i loike, so totally know what you're saying mon.

Comment

agree with everything said, but just one thing Chief, given "This is a feature every week", you must be forced to watch it every week are you? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I ended up half-watching it last night while on ebay and agree. Although I felt that the two lads at the table were embarrassed by the two women and their contrived from-a-book opinions..
                      =========================
                      \"Our Association cannot be expected to accept a vista where the competing sporting organisations have no capital investment commitments, can exploit the value of their existing infrastructure and use our facilities as a cash cow, while investing their returns in games development\" - Liam Mulvihill.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger

agree with everything said, but just one thing Chief, given "This is a feature every week", you must be forced to watch it every week are you? [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                        Well, every week might be overegging the omelette a bit. I did see McGurk on it a while back though. Is he the worlds tallest man or are all the staff in the kitchen tiny? He was towering over them.

Also with regard to Lisa Burke having a hint of "Fatal Attraction" about her, all I can say to that is, "I DON'T HAVE A BUNNY, BUT I'LL GET ONE IF YOU WANT ME TO LISA! LIIIIISSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAA!" [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img][img]smileys/cry.gif[/img]
                        The Katherine Jenkins of meteorology. With serious brains. The @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">other@@@@/SPAN> kind I mean. Perverts.

Comment

Lisa Burke who's she? Any one got a picture?
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

http://www.lisa-burke.co.uk/gallery.htm

Comment

That caption could say "Irish tornado: thousands die", and I'd still have a smile on my face.

Comment

Working...
                              X