What is wrong with this country?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with this country?

I read over the weekend that the Minster for Health is going to have emergency talks with the nurses IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TEN DAYS. WTF?

Originally posted by Piquet

I read over the weekend that the Minster for Health is going to have emergency talks with the nurses IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TEN DAYS. WTF?

Tis merely posturing, old chap!

The Minister/Department of Finance says "yea" or "nay" to all Public Sector pay deals(even the hard-pressed, third level sector!) - all else is smoke, mirrors and publicity stunts. In this case, the nurses will be told to await the BenchmarkingBody report like everybody else.

Shortly afterwards, Liam Doran willbe abducted by the CIA and flown to Guantanamo Bay.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

He dialled 911, and that's the earliest they can see him?

Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
      "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Why should she engage with them? They are already extremely well paid by international standards. We can't just jump to all the unions demands, the country is already in the s**t thanks to benchmarking we don't need to make it worse.

Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Spot on Dave.
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

<DIV>
            Originally posted by who?

</DIV>
            <DIV></DIV>
            <DIV>I can't let our resident pedant get away with this.</DIV>
            <DIV>Why would he call American emergency services?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]</DIV>
            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

if you want the best you have to pay for them-i think the nurses should be as well paid as we can afford.
              If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                <div>

</div>
                <div></div>
                <div>I can't let our resident pedant get away with this.</div>
                <div>Why would he call American emergency services?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]</div>
                Faster response time? [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

(Don't both numbers work here?)
                Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                  <DIV>

</DIV>
                  <DIV></DIV>
                  <DIV>I can't let our resident pedant get away with this.</DIV>
                  <DIV>Why would he call American emergency services?[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]</DIV>
                  <DIV>
                  Faster response time? [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

(Don't both numbers work here?)
                  </DIV>
                  <DIV></DIV>
                  <DIV>no, i think you are thinking of 112 or some such other emergency number. 911 is the US only me thinks.</DIV>
                  <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                  http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                  </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Nurses are raking it in. My X was a nurse and with all the overtime she was doing she was pulling in about 80K a year. Pardon me if I dont cry myself to sleep over their plight.

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                      Nurses are raking it in. My X was a nurse and with all the overtime she was doing she was pulling in about 80K a year. Pardon me if I dont cry myself to sleep over their plight.

Bulls**t

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                        Nurses are raking it in. My X was a nurse and with all the @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">overtime@@@@/SPAN> she was doing she was pulling in about 80K a year. Pardon me if I dont cry myself to sleep over their plight.

Picture Copperface Jacks packed to the gills at 1am. A girl is surrounded by her cackling friends as she shouts drunkenly into her mobile.

" Yeah, I won't be home tonight.............emmm thats right, overtime. I luv you too, bye-bye!"

I know all them nursey tricks![img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                        Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Of course nurses should be well renumerated and looked after......as they certainly are. They are amongst the best paid in the world and working in a system that has one of the highest nurses to patients ratio (would you believe it?).

The fact is; the biggest drag on our economy is the benchmarking agreement, I fail to see how compromise simply means giving in to all union demands. The excessive wages and benevolent working conditions of those working in the public sector (there are exceptions, I know) are paid for on the back of those in the private sector. And I, for one, am sick of it.

Comment

Originally posted by munsterforever
                            if you want the best you have to pay for them-i think the nurses should be as well paid as we can afford. - As they already are.

By international standards they are renumerated extremely well (as are most public-sector workers here) - they can all thank the so called bench-marking processfor that.

However they are working in a sector that is badly managed. Firstly we now recruit on academic results - what ever happened to good old-fashioned interviews? Nursing is not for everyone who gets 400+ points (which also deters many quality nursing candidates).

We have unnecessary levels of management and bureaucracy in our health service. We have a Minister who advocates (&amp; believes in) a 2-tier structure. We have some hospitals over-run with patients and waiting lists while there are unused beds, equipment and personnel just up the road (sometimes in the same building) because of our 2-tier practices.

So is it any wondernursing morale is not what it should be.

Comment

Can I just drag this thread back on topic (The concept of an emergency meeting that takes ten days to be held) please?

Comment

Working...
                              X