X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
    I'm starting Sandman next week. Supposedly to be great
    Greatest story ever written.....
    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Have you read any other Gaiman stuff ILC? The man is a talented bastard
      I am the million man.

Comment

I really need to find time for some comics.
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          Have you read any other Gaiman stuff ILC? The man is a talented bastard
          I have read everything of his, except a couple of his children's books, but I´ll get to them in a couple of years when Junior "I´m always correct" is ready...

Try reading Marvel 1602, written by Gaiman about Marvel Characters... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_1602

His books are brilliant too, American Gods, Stardust and Neverwhere is also a work of art, especially if you are familiar with London...
          Incredible guy, incredible brain, met him 4 times at book signings... really nice guy..
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

American Gods is my favourite book of all time, followed closely by Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Cars Cradle is one of my favourites too, but pretty much all the KV books are excellent
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

3.2m for action comics 1
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Started Sandman again, maybe it's because I was new to comics on the last attempt but now I've my eye in I'm completely hooked. He has a god given talent for keeping an extremely intricate story quite simple and rockets along at a furious pace
                  I am the million man.

Comment

I still haven't started that. Currently reading through Game of Thrones so not doing much comic reading.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've not read much lately. New 52 didn't holds my interest to invest to much time in so I'll just pick up collected editions occasionall. However Jean Paul Valley back in town is definitely something that would interest me

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/11...d-kingdom-come

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	2484414

Comment

sandman finally on tablet. Starting presently.

Comment

You're in for a treat HR
                          I am the million man.

Comment

trade paper back would be better I think but will keep going with tablet

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                              I coughed up for these, 1 a year for the last 5 years... I love them !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandman.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	2484560

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                                Just started that recently myself. It's my first venture into comics. I'm guessing a lot of the characters are spin-offs from other series. There are already mentions of the league of justice and John Constantine.
                                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                                X