A major golfing triumph!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A major golfing triumph!

Just home (Kate is sick - 2 day vomiting bug).

Letter with a nice voucher from Lahinch G.C. We won the 4 ball competition last w/e! 45 points [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img] To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

I have been playing well, but infrequently since around the Ryder Cup last September. I actually finished 2 shots clear of a big field in a singles club competition in October, but got d/q'd for failing to write my handicap on my card (despite having entered and submitting my score using the smart card) - they cut my handicap for the effort though [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img] Saturday was my 1st game in Lahinch this year I think.

Little things give you a big boost sometimes.

Well done sir!!

Comment

Good work DG.

Hope Kate is better soon.

Hope Not Hate

Comment

45 Good score Mr G

Comment

Are you a bandit my friend?

Comment

They were right to disqualify you! The electronic systems have made everybody very lazy when it comes to filling out cards. Surprised they cut you though.

45 points in a fball around Lahinch is some score. Especially with the windy weather the last couple of months. Was your partner featuring much or was it mostly you scoring?
            Romani ite Domun

Comment

I accept they were 100% right Paddie. My error - I got a bit excited tbh. I'll never make the same mistake again mind you.

I played pretty well on Sat. and would have scored on the majority of the holes tbh.

I knew I'd have to be maybe 1 under for the last 3, and did just that. That was the most satisfying part.

Comment

Super stuff DG !

Comment

<!-
                  var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                  var SymReal;

Sym()
                  {
                  window.open = SymWinOpen;
                  if(SymReal != null)
                  SymReal();
                  }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                  {
                  if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                  window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                  SymReal = window.;
                  window. = Sym;
                  }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                  window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

The old course in Lahinch is probably one of the best, if not in fact the best, links course in the world. And I ain't kiddin'.
                  "This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                    Just home (Kate is sick - 2 day vomiting bug).

Letter with a nice voucher from Lahinch G.C. We won the 4 ball competition last w/e! 45 points [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img] To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

I have been playing well, but infrequently since around the Ryder Cup last September. I actually finished 2 shots clear of a big field in a singles club competition in October, but got d/q'd for failing to write my handicap on my card (despite having entered and submitting my score using the smart card) - they cut my handicap for the effort though [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img] Saturday was my 1st game in Lahinch this year I think.

Little things give you a big boost sometimes.

My neighbour did the same thing nearly two years ago. He had 45 points in a singlescompetition to put a team straight into the JP McManus Pro-Am. He had got a printed yokey from the computer to stick on his card but didn't notice that it didn't have the handicap on it.
                    The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Good man DG "Ligind"

Comment

I'm very pleased for you Dermot, but hate golf - so here's an appropriate smilie:-

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]Here's one from me DG. Golf's a game I love and hate equally. I love it because it's a great test of skill and coordination. I hate it because I have neither. Lahinch is a great track now, but for me the Daddy of them all was Waterville before it became outta pocket outta mind.

Comment

Working...
                          X