The most inept coalition yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Not disagreeing with that- but this government is looking really incompetent and has nothing to offer by way of national leadership
    100% agreed, the optics are dreadful.
    1. appoint Mr Cowen to a minister for Agriculture only to have to dismiss him once it's discovered he's a bit dodgy
    2. get a pay raise which in this environment just looks like pigs snuffling at the trough
    3. take a six week holiday
    Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

100% agreed, the optics are dreadful.
      1. appoint Mr Cowen to a minister for Agriculture only to have to dismiss him once it's discovered he's a bit dodgy
      2. get a pay raise which in this environment just looks like pigs snuffling at the trough
      3. take a six week holiday
      + Massively increase ministerial pensions because of the change over arrangements
      + leadership void

I had hoped given the time it took to come up with the sorry concoction there might be an idea or two to rub together, and an agreed sense of direction- instead it is a vacuous one step forward two steps back.

if either of these parties are to get another chance at the next election they had better shape up pdq, otherwise it will be a plague on both their houses, SF will reap the benefit, and is the whirlwind.

Comment

Interesting article on the constitutionality of the current government due to the numbers sitting around the cabinet table.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

SF don’t believe the constitution is legitimate anyway so it would be hypocritical of them to complain about it.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
            Interesting article on the constitutionality of the current government due to the numbers sitting around the cabinet table.
            Interesting, but quantity clearly isn’t everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
              SF don’t believe the constitution is legitimate anyway so it would be hypocritical of them to complain about it.
              Not sure what SF have to do with the article I posted?

Comment

Just pointing out as you’ve raised a constitutional issue that the main opposition party don’t recognise the constitution as being a lawful authority, or indeed will even call the state by the name given to it in said constitution.

Comment

Just pointing out as you’ve raised a constitutional issue that the main opposition party don’t recognise the constitution as being a lawful authority, or indeed will even call the state by the name given to it in said constitution.
                  Obsessed.
                  What will you do when SF get into government after the next GE?
                  Life is good

Comment

But SF aren't mentioned in that article at all. The criticism of the government comes from an academic with expertise in constitutional law, and the subject at issue is the decision taken by the government, not by SF, to appoint more people to the cabinet than is constitutionally permitted.

This is why I said previously that you're getting as bad as the Major - you've just decided to randomly crowbar your distaste for this particular party into a political discussion to which they are at best tangentially relevant.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post

Obsessed.
                      What will you do when SF get into government after the next GE?
                      Depends on whether or not my job moves as a result of their policies.

Comment

Depends on whether or not my job moves as a result of their policies.
                        So should you not be more concerned about what ever party you support is performing rather then jumping on the anti SF band wagon?

Comment

My concern is SF is an organization that doesn’t believe in the legitimacy of the Irish state, and are part of a paramilitary organisation that views the Courts, the Gardai and the Irish Army enemies rather than essential organs of the Irish Republic.

Comment

That's ok, but there is a thread about Sinn Féin where you can discuss those concerns without diverting from the overall thread topic. This thread is about the new coalition government, so keep it relevant to that in here please.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

My concern is SF is an organization that doesn’t believe in the legitimacy of the Irish state, and are part of a paramilitary organisation that views the Courts, the Gardai and the Irish Army enemies rather than essential organs of the Irish Republic.
                              Barry Cowen didnt think much of the Gardai or the Laws when he had a feed of drink, drove, did a u turn when he saw a check point, and said the guards were lying about what transpired. All on a provisional license.

Dont even get me started on the Moriarty tribunal which found an FG Minister corruptly took bribes to divert the 3rd mobile phone license to an FG donor...

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

Barry Cowen didnt think much of the Gardai or the Laws when he had a feed of drink, drove, did a u turn when he saw a check point, and said the guards were lying about what transpired. All on a provisional license.

Dont even get me started on the Moriarty tribunal which found an FG Minister corruptly took bribes to divert the 3rd mobile phone license to an FG donor...
                                so I'm not sure what the difference is here?

Barry Cowen was dismissed for that incident as was Michael Lowry for his wrongdoing, right?

you've highlighted individuals who did wrong and were disciplined by their respective parties.

both parties accept our written constitution, accept the legitimacy of the Irish state and accept the validity of our Courts, an Garda Siochana, Ólaigh na h'Éireann and our rule of law.

Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Working...
                                X