No announcement yet.

The most inept coalition yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the 3 super junior ministers have decided to "gift" their 16k back to the state. What sacrifice.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

Yeah but they made gob****es of themselves and the optics are truly awful. Getting a raise when the economy is in true peril us not a good look.

Whether it’s true or not this government will be remembered as “first order of business let’s feather the nests”
      The Secretary to the Government is on 20k more than the Taoiseach (as are the SecGens of Foreign Affairs and Finance) and not a peep out of any media outlets about it for the last 10 years. The CEO of Coillte is on about 20-30k more than that again and the CEO of loss making Bord na Mona is on even more. None of this comes up in the media.

An Assistant-Sec in the civil service starts on 130k - how many directors of reasonable sized companies would be on less than that as a total compensation package? I certainly wouldn't be upping sticks from where I am to take the kind of hours they work under the stress they work for that money.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
        Apparently the 3 super junior ministers have decided to "gift" their 16k back to the state. What sacrifice.
        Actually a correction on this the 3 supers have decided to return one 16k and split the other 32k between the 3 of them. I'd be tempted to say only in .......

Comment

They should have done that from the start. If only they had a strategic communications unit to advise them....

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

We're a month in. It's a bit early to say what this government will be remembered for. If the economy recovers well out of the virus, nobody will remember this. If it goes pear shaped, then this will be the least of their worries.
            well it's certainly top of the list of things i'll remember them for
            Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

well it's certainly top of the list of things i'll remember them for
              Trust me, if they last 2-3 years, this will be a distant memory and it'll be things that happen then that'll be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

Trust me, if they last 2-3 years, this will be a distant memory and it'll be things that happen then that'll be remembered.
                Doubt it as I at least cannot see this shambles of a government lasting 6 months after the floundering they are already engaged in.

Comment

Another day another u-turn

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                    They should have done that from the start. If only they had a strategic communications unit to advise them....
                    I think Eamon has employed all the available communication strategists. 6 I believe

Apologies Eamon apparently has 8.

Comment

Well another causality this time a green

Comment

Embarrassing climbdown for FF following the Revenue inspectors over the top behavior at irish airports. And now the Irish Data Protection Agency is investigating whether the dept of social protection practices were even legal...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40023047.html

The Data Protection Commissioner has asked the Department of Social Protection to explain how exactly it is getting data it uses to block benefit payments.

Helen Dixon has asked welfare chiefs for more details of their operations at Dublin Airport since it emerged that passengers' details are being accessed by benefits inspectors.

Comment

Well here's a surprise yet another u-turn

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                            Well here's a surprise yet another u-turn
                            If the goal of this pathetic pragmatism was to ensure that SF didn’t get into power, their performance so far will do nothing but encourage people to think, ...’ah sure we’ve given the others a chance and they decked it up, how bad could the shiners be’.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

If the goal of this pathetic pragmatism was to ensure that SF didn’t get into power, their performance so far will do nothing but encourage people to think, ...’ah sure we’ve given the others a chance and they decked it up, how bad could the shiners be’.
                              At a guess, really really bad
                              Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

At a guess, really really bad
                                Not disagreeing with that- but this government is looking really incompetent and has nothing to offer by way of national leadership

Comment

Working...
                                X