Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most inept coalition yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Well boo fuppin hoo.....

    the media & SF 1 versus Ireland 0

    Ireland scores a massive own goal. Ireland's media & weak politicians forces it's European Trade commissioner to resign, just 4 months before Brexit will be finally fully negotiated and when the future trading relationship between the UK, Ireland & The EU is being hashed out for the next 20-30 years........ over pretty minor violations of quite unclear and very badly messaged public health GUIDELINES.

    Shocking failure of politics and proportional response by Ireland. Really poor outcome for the country's interests imho. Everyone involved should hang their collective heads in shame. Disgusted.



    ____________________________________________
    Munster were great when they were Munster.

    alas they are just north munster now.......
    ____________________________________________

    Comment


      Daithi, are you trying to prove that Blueshirts have as much blind loyalty as the Shinnerbots?

      His actions were very hard to defend and his defense of them was even worse.

      Comment


        I was as I said on the side of him staying but if as the times reported today he had dinner in k club restaurant on the day he arrived it's hard to keep defending him.
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

        Comment


          It's almost as if the EU Trade commissioner alone would have decided the Brexit outcome.

          Further, it's like there was nothing else the Trade Commission was engaged with (hint https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/co...s/index_en.htm and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53870136).

          If we are lucky, as AFH suggests, we will get to keep the Trade Commissioner anyway. I'm confident the EU, as it has done since the start of Brexit, will steadfastly bat for Ireland's interest.

          On Hogan himself, it's interesting to note that be was willing to fup off to the WTO a few short weeks ago.

          Green jersey me arse.
          Last edited by fitzy73; 26-August-2020, 21:30.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Daithi View Post
            Well boo fuppin hoo.....

            the media & SF 1 versus Ireland 0

            Ireland scores a massive own goal. Ireland's media & weak politicians forces it's European Trade commissioner to resign, just 4 months before Brexit will be finally fully negotiated and when the future trading relationship between the UK, Ireland & The EU is being hashed out for the next 20-30 years........ over pretty minor violations of quite unclear and very badly messaged public health GUIDELINES.

            Shocking failure of politics and proportional response by Ireland. Really poor outcome for the country's interests imho. Everyone involved should hang their collective heads in shame. Disgusted.


            Possible if Phil had been a bit more up front on his activities with his boss while in Ireland he may have survived but being economical with what he said to her probably meant she had to look for his resignation. Own goal by Hogan in fairness only himself to blame.
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

            Comment


              Originally posted by McCloud View Post

              Possible if Phil had been a bit more up front on his activities with his boss while in Ireland he may have survived but being economical with what he said to her probably meant she had to look for his resignation. Own goal by Hogan in fairness only himself to blame.
              Complete and utter bull****.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                Well boo fuppin hoo.....

                the media & SF 1 versus Ireland 0

                Ireland scores a massive own goal. Ireland's media & weak politicians forces it's European Trade commissioner to resign, just 4 months before Brexit will be finally fully negotiated and when the future trading relationship between the UK, Ireland & The EU is being hashed out for the next 20-30 years........ over pretty minor violations of quite unclear and very badly messaged public health GUIDELINES.

                Shocking failure of politics and proportional response by Ireland. Really poor outcome for the country's interests imho. Everyone involved should hang their collective heads in shame. Disgusted.


                Thats one of the worst takes I've heard in a sea of bad takes.

                Hogan, and Hogan alone screwed up and he was entirely responsible for what happened. The Irish public and the EU werent going to stand for his nonsense and repeated lies. And rightly so.

                Anyone that displays that level of poor judgement shouldnt be anywhere near a position of responsibly.

                If you dont understand that then your judgement is every bit as bad as phil hogans..

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

                  Thats one of the worst takes I've heard in a sea of bad takes.

                  Hogan, and Hogan alone screwed up and he was entirely responsible for what happened. The Irish public and the EU werent going to stand for his nonsense and repeated lies. And rightly so.

                  Anyone that displays that level of poor judgement shouldnt be anywhere near a position of responsibly.

                  If you dont understand that then your judgement is every bit as bad as phil hogans..
                  Do you actually believe the rubbish you are spouting?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by glorob View Post

                    Do you actually believe the rubbish you are spouting?
                    Oh wow, from the fella that posted this earlier today;

                    "However, I do not believe that Phil Hogan should be sacked or forced to resign.Whatever transgressions he may have committed do not warrant that punishment."

                    With poor judgement like that you are in no position to lecture anyone

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by glorob View Post

                      Complete and utter bull****.
                      Apparently he was not up front with his boss so his boss did what any boss would do when faced with that situation. So no bull just the reality that Phil thought he was above all matters regarding responsibility and accountability..
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Daithi View Post
                        Well boo fuppin hoo.....

                        the media & SF 1 versus Ireland 0

                        Ireland scores a massive own goal. Ireland's media & weak politicians forces it's European Trade commissioner to resign, just 4 months before Brexit will be finally fully negotiated and when the future trading relationship between the UK, Ireland & The EU is being hashed out for the next 20-30 years........ over pretty minor violations of quite unclear and very badly messaged public health GUIDELINES.

                        Shocking failure of politics and proportional response by Ireland. Really poor outcome for the country's interests imho. Everyone involved should hang their collective heads in shame. Disgusted.
                        While much of the uproar was political in nature, the fault here lies primarily with Phil Hogan. If he hadn't acted like such an entitled clown he would still be in a job. He knew well how flagrantly he was violating national health guidelines and carried on regardless. If Ireland's position has been weakened then he takes the blame.

                        To be honest, I have based my opinion of how effective he is in terms of protecting Irish trade interests during Brexit negotiations on anecdotal evidence, but his behaviour both before and after the golf wanker dinner has made me question quite a lot of that. If we keep the trade portfolio and nominate someone with the capability and experience necessary then I'm now not certain we're much worse off at all.
                        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                        Comment


                          No chance. A new EU Trade Commissioner, regardless of who they are, will take at least 6 months to get up to speed, and trade is one of the biggest, most involved and complex portfolios. So they could appoint Warren Buffet and he wouldn't be much good at this brief until well after Match 2021, that's a full quarter after Brexit and the future trading relationship with the UK has been negotiated, and written into law. Too late to be any good. Not to mention navigating the ongoing trade wars & tariff tit for tat with the US, continuous ttrade tensions with China & daily dealing with the WTO.

                          Also, imho the president of the European Commission is highly unlikely to opt for a fresh Irish nominated commissioner for the most important brief in Europe for the next few years. She should & is likely to go for an existing commissioner who has proven expert experience and an excellent record at this level already.

                          I was no fan of Phil Hogan, but this is the kind of own goal, over reaction that costs countries very hard earned gains over many, many years. Stupid. Simply stupid.
                          Last edited by Daithi; 27-August-2020, 08:54.
                          ____________________________________________
                          Munster were great when they were Munster.

                          alas they are just north munster now.......
                          ____________________________________________

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by McCloud View Post

                            Apparently he was not up front with his boss so his boss did what any boss would do when faced with that situation. So no bull just the reality that Phil thought he was above all matters regarding responsibility and accountability..
                            His boss, Ursula von der Leyen, didn't do anything. He resigned before she had a chance to.

                            Comment


                              Hogan saw what was coming, particularly the report that he was in the K Club Restaurant on the night he came home and knew that the game was up.

                              He therefore jumped before he was pushed.

                              Comment




                                Another take on it https://www.youtube.com/embed/GyXB0cqLP34

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X