The most inept coalition yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Mr Bean in trouble now for going on the piss with the lads (80 lads) out in Clifden after a golf classic

If only Biffos brother hadnt been nabbed for career provisional piloting, then Mehole wouldnt have had to bring in Mr Bean and then have this leaking nappy to deal with

Fianna Fail are in proper bother.
    I was adhering to what the government was asking but I do have to now question why. Apparently their talking about giving the Garda powers to inspect private properties to ensure that COVID restrictions are being obeyed. But there's is a different rule for those at the top table apparently..
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Second minister for agriculture gone.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471a7295a05ab8a9a53a479bce6170d9ccf1328afa&rid=giphy.gif
Views:	55
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	2603100
        I am the million man.

Comment

Golf wankers are the absolute worst.

What's the record for shortest time served as an Irish Government cabinet minister? I'm going to be really depressed when someone points out that this clown didn't even make the top ten or something.
          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
            Golf wankers are the absolute worst.

What's the record for shortest time served as an Irish Government cabinet minister? I'm going to be really depressed when someone points out that this clown didn't even make the top ten or something.
            I see one of my local TD's was in attendance as well. The absolute eejit Noel Grealish
            After his comments on immigrants I'm glad he was shown up as the self entitled prick I've always thought he was.
            Life is good

Comment

As published at the time Barry Cowen was fired, James Mc Daid holds the record for the shortest Ministerial career. He was in office for a day or so.

I think Cowen might be second but Calleary is well up there challenging for third, I'd say.

Comment

The Galway Races Tent has been moved to Clifden anyway. Many a soldier of destiny in attendance
                I am the million man.

Comment

Ryan Tubridy, referring to the host of texts, e-mails etc. that he is receiving this morning says that the country is having a Howard Beale moment.
                  Last edited by Piquet; 21-August-2020, 09:16.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                      A big mistake imho.

IMHO Ministers shouldn't be held responsible that each function they attend conforms to public health guidelines. Clearly the organisers and hotel were those responsible,

The ex Minister should have probably just got a warning this time, with a new protocol put in place for vetting political & minister attended events.

instead, the outcome is the (useless) 'outrage mob' are assuaged and Ireland ends up with a weakened, destabilised administration in a national emergency ..... pathetic outcome.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

A big mistake imho.

IMHO Ministers shouldn't be held responsible that each function they attend conforms to public health guidelines. Clearly the organisers and hotel were those responsible,

The ex Minister should have probably just got a warning this time, with a new protocol put in place for vetting political & minister attended events.

instead, the outcome is the (useless) 'outrage mob' are assuaged and Ireland ends up with a weakened, destabilised administration in a national emergency ..... pathetic outcome.
                        * They knew it was a Golf Society outing - onus is on them to adhere to whatever limit is (50 ?) and to ascertain the numbers going and the facilities being provided
                        * This isnt mob outrage and certainly not useless (a message has been sent back to the Government!!)
                        - there are people who have witnessed parents friends and loved ones die from a distance
                        - there are business owners facing loss of livelihood and posible bankruptcy
                        - but the entitled elite which if we are to believe reports include AG/Judge/European Commissioner/Minister of Ag among others think that a partition in a room is fine
                        - that they lack the political 'nous' to see how this will be perceived says a lot about their self image/self worth

"I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Originally posted by SkullinPints View Post

* They knew it was a Golf Society outing - onus is on them to adhere to whatever limit is (50 ?) and to ascertain the numbers going and the facilities being provided
                          * This isnt mob outrage and certainly not useless (a message has been sent back to the Government!!)
                          - there are people who have witnessed parents friends and loved ones die from a distance
                          - there are business owners facing loss of livelihood and posible bankruptcy
                          - but the entitled elite which if we are to believe reports include AG/Judge/European Commissioner/Minister of Ag among others think that a partition in a room is fine
                          - that they lack the political 'nous' to see how this will be perceived says a lot about their self image/self worth

Can't agree sorry. What was the outcome, losing an apparently very capable minister because of a minor infraction of changing public health guidelines by the organisers & hotel.

It is a gross over reaction imho, destabilising a government in emergency times to appease the' outrage 'mob.

he should have apologised, promised that it would never happen again and the government should have united on same and got on with the important business of actually running the country.

Instead all Ireland has got out of this, is instability in an emergency (pubic health & Brexit) = a woeful outcome.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Can't agree sorry. What was the outcome, losing an apparently very capable minister because of a minor infraction of changing public health guidelines by the organisers & hotel.

It is a gross over reaction imho, destabilising a government in emergency times to appease the' outrage 'mob.

he should have apologised, promised that it would never happen again and the government should have united on same and got on with the important business of actually running the country.

Instead all Ireland has got out of this, is instability in an emergency (pubic health & Brexit) = a woeful outcome.
                            Once Michael Cawley was forced to resign last week there was no option but for the Minister to fall on his sword.

Comment

united on same and got on with the important business of actually running the country.
                              No time for country running, 4 ball scramble teed off at half ten Tuesday morning and Mr Bean had asked Biffos brother for a lift from Dublin out to Mayo.
                              I am the million man.

Comment

When he entered the room in Wednesday night he should have said to himself "hey, this is not what we agreed yesterday at Cabinet how things are supposed to be" , he should have turned on his heels and left.

Comment

Working...
                                X