Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The “Green” coalition - June 2020 to ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice touch by Martin to hang Dev and Collins in the Office of An Taoiseach.

I wonder who Mary Lou will hang in 5 years time?

Comment

Anne Rabbit would have been an absolute calamity as a minister.
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
        Nice touch by Martin to hang Dev and Collins in the Office of An Taoiseach.

I wonder who Mary Lou will hang in 5 years time?
        They tend to shoot people, not hang them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably makes sense to have a new thread for this Government.

Await the Major's input, but this may be #nothisthread
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post
            The West got no senior cabinet positions.
            The natives here in Galway/mayo region are restless and not happy about it
            South East ignored yet again.
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Did Micheál completely forget the "House of Cards" original version, where an MP who was expecting a Senior Ministry was instead appointed Chief Whip and set about shafting all his rivals at the top of the Party before shafting the PM and succeeding him ?

Comment

You might think that. I couldn’t possibly comment.

Comment

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0701/11...-appointments/

The Government has confirmed the full list junior minister roles.
                  • Dara Calleary, FF, Government Chief Whip, has been assigned additional responsibilities to also be a Minister of State at the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (Gaeltacht) and the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport (Sport). Following the formal reconfiguration of Departments, Minister of State Calleary will be assigned to the Department of Media, Tourism, Arts, Culture, Sport and the Gaeltacht.
                  • Thomas Byrne, FF - Department of the Taoiseach and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (EU Affairs)
                  • Patrick O'Donovan, FG - Department of Public Expenditure and Reform (OPW)
                  • Ossian Smyth, GP - Department of Public Expenditure and Reform (Public Procurement and eGovernment)
                  • Jack Chambers, FF - Department of Finance (Financial Services, Credit Unions and Insurance)
                  • Josepha Madigan, FG - Department of Education and Skills (Special Education and Inclusion)
                  • Martin Heydon, FG - Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (Research & Development/ Farm Safety/ New Market Development)
                  • Anne Rabbitte, FF - Department of Health and the Department of Justice and Equality (Disability). Following the formal reconfiguration of Departments, Minister of State Rabbitte will be assigned to the Department of Children, Disability, Equality and Integration.
                  • Colm Brophy, FG - Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Overseas Development Aid and Diaspora)
                  • Charlie McConalogue, FF - Department of Justice and Equality (Law Reform)
                  • Joe O'Brien, GP - Department of Rural and Community Development (Community Development and Charities)
                  • Peter Burke, FG - Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government (Local Government and Planning)
                  • Malcolm Noonan, GP - Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (Heritage); and the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government (Electoral Reform). Following the formal reconfiguration of Departments, Minister of State Noonan will be assigned to the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage.
                  • Robert Troy, FF - Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Trade Promotion). Following the formal reconfiguration of Departments, Minister of State Troy will be assigned to the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment.
                  • Damien English, FG - Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (Employment Affairs); and the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation (Retail Businesses). Following the formal reconfiguration of Departments, Minister of State English will be assigned to the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment.
                  • Mary Butler, FF - Department of Health (Mental Health and Older People)
                  • Frank Feighan, FF - Department of Health (Public Health, Well Being and National Drugs Strategy)
                  • Niall Collins, FF - Department of Education and Skills (Skills and Further Education). Following the formal reconfiguration of Departments, Minister of State Collins will be assigned to the Department of Higher Education, Innovation and Science.

The Government previously appointed Senator Pippa Hackett to be Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and Hildegarde Naughton, TD to be Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport.

The Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael and Green Party leaders consulted before the list of junior ministers was finalised to ensure there was a geographical balance.

Separately, Fianna Fáil's Cork North West TD Michael Moynihan has said he is extremely disappointed that the Taoiseach did not appoint him a junior minister.

"He has insulted me and my community. I have worked so hard for the party over the last nine years; took a lot of s*** for him. Very, very cross," he said.‬

Fianna Fáil TD Jim O'Callaghan turned down an offer of a junior minister role saying he wanted "to devote more time to strengthening our great party by making it a more attractive option for young voters".

Mr O'Callaghan said he was asked this afternoon by Taoiseach Micheál Martin to accept an appointment as a Minister of State in the Government.

However, having thought carefully about the offer he decided not to accept, he said.

"The reason I am not accepting is because I believe my energy and abilities will be better used as a backbench Fianna Fáil TD rather than as a junior member of government," the Dublin Bay South TD said.

"At a time when many of our party's senior members will be preoccupied with their ministerial duties, I want to devote more time to strengthening our great party by making it a more attractive option for young voters," he added.

Mr O'Callaghan said Fianna Fáil needs strong voices outside Government who can ensure that the party's identity can be protected during the term of this coalition Government.

Comment

O’Callaghan and o’Ciuv can’t wait to get subsumed into the IRA.

Comment

I'd be surprised if this government lasts until Christmas. They're already taking friendly fire on all sides.

Comment

Originally posted by desert man View Post
                        I'd be surprised if this government lasts until Christmas. They're already taking friendly fire on all sides.
                        Christmas? Your optimistic interesting reading about those who expected a reward regardless of their suitability
                        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

This is a sort of Three Musketeers Government, full of insulted noblemen demanding duels and conniving ladies (and withheld designation) of multiple lovers.
                          Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                            Did Micheál completely forget the "House of Cards" original version, where an MP who was expecting a Senior Ministry was instead appointed Chief Whip and set about shafting all his rivals at the top of the Party before shafting the PM and succeeding him ?
                            Young Biffo seems to have survived having a Drink Driving ban four years ago. I wonder how that got out.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Young Biffo seems to have survived having a Drink Driving ban four years ago. I wonder how that got out.
                              Yes. And would have been a fine and 3 penalty points if he had a full drivers licence.

Comment

Yes. And would have been a fine and 3 penalty points if he had a full drivers licence.
                                Apparently while serving his ban he allegedly was claiming his full travel expenses.
                                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                                X