Corona Virus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Ouch. There’s a comment made above about Dyson and why it’s crazy of the UK to seek new manufacturers etc. Apparently, for Respirators for Covid need a far narrower range of function than those normally used in ICU etc., and thus it may well be sensible to design and build a covid specific device.
    Which I'd order from a respirator manufacturer rather than a Tory party donor, if it was me.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

You too, Allezdax, the profiteering is dreadful- but there is also a huge amount of humanity and kindness- when this ends, and it will, I hope those who have sought to profit from others’ tragedy will be isolated by us all.
      Zebre and Treviso should get standing ovations the next time they come here.
      Look at Zebre's Mbanda:

https://m.independent.ie/sport/maxim...Q-HgVVwsgLAWPg

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Which I'd order from a respirator manufacturer rather than a Tory party donor, if it was me.
        I would worry about who can deliver to the required quality at an acceptable price first- rather than who they donated to. The Guardian had a story yesterday saying that ‘Ventilator Challenge UK, a consortium of 14 firms including Airbus and Rolls-Royce, is expected to say that it has secured a formal order for two types of machine.’ other sources suggest that will be announced on Monday. It is possible, of course that all 14 donate to the Conservative party- but I wouldn’t waste time checking.

Comment

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I put my time to better use this morning. I went for an 8 km walk and then came home and baked an apple tart.

I am now enjoying myself eating apple tart and custard.

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post

I put my time to better use this morning. I went for an 8 km walk and then came home and baked an apple tart.

8km? Did you go with three others??? Rhubarb is emerging in Yorkshire, with crumble a decent alternative to apple tart!!

Comment

8km? Did you go with three others??? Rhubarb is emerging in Yorkshire, with crumble a decent alternative to apple tart!!
                I can just about accept somebody acting as an Tory apologist, but rhubarb really???

YUK
                Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

I can just about accept somebody acting as an Tory apologist, but rhubarb really???

YUK
                  Not everything is to everyone’s taste- but that doesn’t those tastes wrong- grew up with my dad growing rhubarb in our back garden in Cork- but didn’t realise until I came to Sheffield how close I now live to the rhubarb triangle.

Comment

don't make me talk mathematics.... enough people hate me....
                    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Discovery Channel Program just on 8-9 on Coronavirus v informative - v much a moving story - but well put together

Aside: like Rhubarb ! Dad grew it also
                      "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Rhubarb is what apple would taste like if wasps made it
                        Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post

I cleaned the top of the fridge and cupboards where my wine racks live - was astounded to count 36 bottles of red! So I'm now sampling them (not all at once). But I'd dearly love some nice tart rhubarb to make a crumble in my Mam's old enamel dish.

Comment

Stay at home (Limerick citay style) https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/st...94193630191618
                            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

I would worry about who can deliver to the required quality at an acceptable price first- rather than who they donated to. The Guardian had a story yesterday saying that ‘Ventilator Challenge UK, a consortium of 14 firms including Airbus and Rolls-Royce, is expected to say that it has secured a formal order for two types of machine.’ other sources suggest that will be announced on Monday. It is possible, of course that all 14 donate to the Conservative party- but I wouldn’t waste time checking.
                              Or, as the article states, they're large manufacturers using two existing designs from Penlon and Smiths, basically just adding their production heft.

Dyson is sitting on an order of 10,000 for a device that hasn't had regulatory approval and will, presumably, have to be manufactured in Asia?

The BBC has also stated that the Department of Health had no knowledge of the order to Dyson, which came out of the Cabinet Office.

It's possible to deflect criticism of this sort of patent bolloxology, but I'm not sure I'd waste my time. :-)

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

America is ****ed
                                Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                                http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Working...
                                X