Corona Virus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Jeez fitzy that must have been a much more frightening prospect than it would usually be. A hospital is the last place I'd want to be right now. Glad the wee lad is on the mend and you're all back home - it must be a huge relief.
    Same here fitzy, stay safe.

Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I am hoping some positives emerge from this crisis:

- Bigger and responsible even boring Government is good.
      - Populist leaders are useless in a crisis.
      - Expertise has a value.
      - We need a single tier health service that is paid for by taxes.

PS - this is nature telling us to the cop the feck on....

Comment

Heard the journalist who broke the story on release of death information interviewed on Radio4 an hour or so ago. The position is that while the information that someone has died is information the hospital can release, any the release of any further information about that individual (age, sex, other conditions, where they live etc) must be agreed to by the next of kin. If they do not agree the death information is released- but information on other aspects is stored. It seems to be a GDPR issue. But clearly introduces a random factor into daily totals- and I can imagine that when the death rate increases tracing next of kin and securing permission could take longer/occupy resources unnecessarily (?).

a related issue which will affect UK deaths yesterday and today is that yesterday’s death toll is actually based on about 12 hours, todays is based on about 36 hours, because the health services in Wales, England, Scotland and NI were all using slightly different start and stop times to record their 24 hr daily totals- from total it will be 5pm to 5pm everywhere with the data released the following day.

Comment

Hospitals are quiet alright. Ed's comparatively empty but staff taking chance to reorganise and do some long finger stuff while also working heavily to prepare for whats next. Lots going on behind scenes. some local to hospitals some at area and national level. Some well organised some in a bit of a last minute panic so the longer covid held back the better prepared they'll be. Ultimately I think everyone from the ground up to varadkar is doing everything they can
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

10 new deaths :(
            median age of 19 total RIP is 79
            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
              10 new deaths :(
              median age of 19 total RIP is 79
              Median age is what???
              Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
              http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Median age of those 19 who died is 79
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Midpoint between oldest and youngest. Used in these situations more than average as outliers can skew average too much.

Comment

Midpoint between oldest and youngest. Used in these situations more than average as outliers can skew average too much.
                    Sorry, not being a smart arse, but it’s actually halfway point in terms of number of cases if you order all cases by size (extent, age etc). It takes no account of what the actual value of the highest or lowest cases are. So in the current cases 9 people were of any age but younger than 79, and 9 of any age older than 79.

Comment

Sorry, was written short hand so hard to grasp, understand on 2nd reading.

Mean, normal average,
                      Mode, value that appears most often
                      Median, put them all in a list in order and find the middle value.

I heard one of the first to die was 105, which would certainly skew the average (mean).
                      Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                      http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Sorry, not being a smart arse, but it’s actually halfway point in terms of number of cases if you order all cases by size (extent, age etc). It takes no account of what the actual value of the highest or lowest cases are. So in the current cases 9 people were of any age but younger than 79, and 9 of any age older than 79.
                        sorry thats what i meant

Comment

sorry thats what i meant
                          No worries- just trying to ensure we didn’t end up with come confusion over the mid point of the range of ages.

Comment

Just announced. BoJo has tested positive.
                            The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Heard that. Some might say its karma......
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Finally proof that God exists. And, she listens to prayers.
                                Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Working...
                                X