Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona Virus...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    Prince Charles confirmed with COVID19
    I wonder if he'll be denied a ventilator.
    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

    Comment


      Prince William has been spotted taking off his Tracksuit and doing a few Preliminary stretches.

      Comment


        A bit of light relief: love this....

        A video of a priest in Italy has gone viral, after he attempted to conduct a Mass service online, but ended up suffering some technical difficulties.

        He turned on video filters during his livestream, giving everyone watching at home some much needed amusement.

        Standing beside a giant cross and an altar, dressed in his robes, he begins conducting his service.

        As he does so, animated glitter can be seen falling down the screen. This then abruptly changes and he appears to have some kind of space helmet over his head.

        Several more filters are seen during the clip, including weights and flowers.

        The whole thing ends with a dark hat and glasses filter.


        https://twitter.com/i/status/1242267839236583427




        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

        Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

        Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

        Comment



          'Confused, dangerous, flippant': rest of world pans British PM's handling of coronavirus

          Boris Johnson’s breezy and contradictory declarations, similar to those on Brexit, have observers wincing


          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-boris-johnson


          The international verdict on Boris Johnson and his zigzag handling of the pandemic has been damning, with responses ranging from bafflement and disbelief to anger.

          Many consider the prime minister’s initial laissez-faire approach to the crisis, followed by contradictory signals about his government’s strategy, as an inexplicable bout of British exceptionalism.

          “Boris Johnson had gone out publicly and essentially asked Britons ... to accept death,” said the Greek newspaper Ethnos. It declared him “more dangerous than coronavirus”.

          On Sunday, Singapore’s national development minister, Lawrence Wong, said the UK and Switzerland had “abandoned any measure to contain or restrain the virus”.

          The New York Times accused Johnson of sowing confusion. “He has seemed like a leader acting under duress ... playing catch-up to a private sector that had already acted on its own.”

          Politicians, scientists and commentators greeted the prime minister’s U-turn on Monday night, when he ordered a UK-wide lockdown, as a belated but welcome decision to join the rest of Europe, and much of the world, in a necessary strategy.

          The mystery is why it took so long

          Last week Ireland, which shares a land border with the UK, struggled to understand Downing Street’s hesitation. “Boris Johnson is gambling with the health of his citizens,” said the Irish Times.
          On Tuesday, after the prime minister’s sudden reversal, one official in Dublin expressed relief. “The Brits were doing their own thing and it looked like we were going to have to live with it. They got there in the end.”

          It was a variation of an observation attributed to Winston Churchill about America doing the right thing after exhausting all other options.

          Foreign observers had become accustomed to Johnson’s breezy pronouncements on Britain steering its own course during Brexit showdowns last year but they winced at hearing the same tone in the context of a global health emergency.
          He appeared at press conferences alongside the chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, and the chief scientific adviser, Patrick Vallance, but instead of reassurance Vallance caused consternation by appearing to endorse the idea of allowing much of the population to become infected to develop “herd immunity”.
          Last week the prime minister made an initial concession to physical distancing – a key tactic to slow contagion – by asking people to avoid pubs. But he did not close them and many people, including his own father, Stanley, cheerily said they still planned to go out for a drink. Nevertheless, Johnson expressed confidence such limited measures were working and could “turn the tide” within 12 weeks.

          Many outsiders were aghast. The pandemic was out of control in Italy and Spain, killing thousands, and surging across the globe, prompting a scramble to emulate Chinese-style lockdowns.

          The French president, Emmanuel Macron, reportedly threatened to close France’s border with Britain last Friday if it did not intensify measures.

          Others worried about the fate of friends and relatives in Britain. Giorgio Gori, the mayor of Bergamo, the city hardest hit by Italy’s coronavirus outbreak, flew his two daughters out of the UK, deeming them safer at home.

          “When I saw what the English government was thinking about this problem, I decided to bring them back, because I think that even if we are at the centre of the epidemic, probably they are more secure here than in England, because I don’t understand why the government didn’t decide in time to protect their citizens,” he told Sky News.

          Greece, an early adopter of draconian measures, also became alarmed. It has one of the largest overseas student communities in the UK, much of which has been repatriated and ordered into a 14-day quarantine. Athens suspended all flights to Britain on Monday until 15 April.

          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

          Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

          Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

          Comment


            Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
            'Confused, dangerous, flippant': rest of world pans British PM's handling of coronavirus

            Boris Johnson’s breezy and contradictory declarations, similar to those on Brexit, have observers wincing


            https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-boris-johnson


            The international verdict on Boris Johnson and his zigzag handling of the pandemic has been damning, with responses ranging from bafflement and disbelief to anger.

            Many consider the prime minister’s initial laissez-faire approach to the crisis, followed by contradictory signals about his government’s strategy, as an inexplicable bout of British exceptionalism.

            “Boris Johnson had gone out publicly and essentially asked Britons ... to accept death,” said the Greek newspaper Ethnos. It declared him “more dangerous than coronavirus”.

            On Sunday, Singapore’s national development minister, Lawrence Wong, said the UK and Switzerland had “abandoned any measure to contain or restrain the virus”.

            The New York Times accused Johnson of sowing confusion. “He has seemed like a leader acting under duress ... playing catch-up to a private sector that had already acted on its own.”

            Politicians, scientists and commentators greeted the prime minister’s U-turn on Monday night, when he ordered a UK-wide lockdown, as a belated but welcome decision to join the rest of Europe, and much of the world, in a necessary strategy.

            The mystery is why it took so long

            Last week Ireland, which shares a land border with the UK, struggled to understand Downing Street’s hesitation. “Boris Johnson is gambling with the health of his citizens,” said the Irish Times.
            On Tuesday, after the prime minister’s sudden reversal, one official in Dublin expressed relief. “The Brits were doing their own thing and it looked like we were going to have to live with it. They got there in the end.”

            It was a variation of an observation attributed to Winston Churchill about America doing the right thing after exhausting all other options.

            Foreign observers had become accustomed to Johnson’s breezy pronouncements on Britain steering its own course during Brexit showdowns last year but they winced at hearing the same tone in the context of a global health emergency.
            He appeared at press conferences alongside the chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, and the chief scientific adviser, Patrick Vallance, but instead of reassurance Vallance caused consternation by appearing to endorse the idea of allowing much of the population to become infected to develop “herd immunity”.
            Last week the prime minister made an initial concession to physical distancing – a key tactic to slow contagion – by asking people to avoid pubs. But he did not close them and many people, including his own father, Stanley, cheerily said they still planned to go out for a drink. Nevertheless, Johnson expressed confidence such limited measures were working and could “turn the tide” within 12 weeks.

            Many outsiders were aghast. The pandemic was out of control in Italy and Spain, killing thousands, and surging across the globe, prompting a scramble to emulate Chinese-style lockdowns.

            The French president, Emmanuel Macron, reportedly threatened to close France’s border with Britain last Friday if it did not intensify measures.

            Others worried about the fate of friends and relatives in Britain. Giorgio Gori, the mayor of Bergamo, the city hardest hit by Italy’s coronavirus outbreak, flew his two daughters out of the UK, deeming them safer at home.

            “When I saw what the English government was thinking about this problem, I decided to bring them back, because I think that even if we are at the centre of the epidemic, probably they are more secure here than in England, because I don’t understand why the government didn’t decide in time to protect their citizens,” he told Sky News.

            Greece, an early adopter of draconian measures, also became alarmed. It has one of the largest overseas student communities in the UK, much of which has been repatriated and ordered into a 14-day quarantine. Athens suspended all flights to Britain on Monday until 15 April.
            The historians will have a great time with Covid-19. While not all pandemics give rise to positive change I wonder how the populists (Trump, BoJo, Bolsanaro, Orban, etc will fare.) I'd like to think that people will turn to the importance of strong, competent government, driven by science, with strong structures. The end of celebrity politicians. More science funding. Trumps handling of this is shocking and deeply frightening. His poll numbers are increasing slightly but its hard to see how he can emerge from this and win relection (people rally around presidents in times of "war" and they usually have very strong approvals which then fall off). In a time of a lot of worry and stress his daily press briefings simply scare people even more
            If he rebounds from this and wins re-election I am out of here.

            Comment


              Cant get enough of watching the Indian police bating the tar out of lads with metre long sticks for being out of the road.

              They're pucking the legs and arses off anyone who gets close enough to take a wallop

              They drew chalk circles on the roadways too and when they've finished giving you a thrashing they make you stand in the circles for a while
              I am the million man.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                Cant get enough of watching the Indian police bating the tar out of lads with metre long sticks for being out of the road.

                They're pucking the legs and arses off anyone who gets close enough to take a wallop

                They drew chalk circles on the roadways too and when they've finished giving you a thrashing they make you stand in the circles for a while
                Tonto is not impressed by this insouciant delight in the suffering of innocent Indians.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

                  Tonto is not impressed by this insouciant delight in the suffering of innocent Indians.
                  Lacks the poetry of a kneecapping i suppose
                  Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

                    Lacks the poetry of a kneecapping i suppose
                    True. The nutting squad were all failed poetry teachers.

                    Comment


                      Looks like they are preparing for Armageddon if this is anything to go by https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=al2pZ_1585164465
                      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                      Comment


                        Link not working for me, can you post the article?
                        Tis but a scratch.

                        Comment


                          Smart-phone film of a '4,000 bed temporary hospital in Central London including 2 morgues'.
                          One of two main halls is 'a kilometre long'.
                          A cable layer filmed the vastness of the place in an effort to persuade those, including himself to yesterday morning, not taking things seriously.
                          Gwan Joe!!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
                            I hears you Oss
                            Gwan Joe!!

                            Comment



                              The Excel halls are being prepped. A fried forwarded me voice notes from a friend of hers in the British Army who are on the detail. There's talk of prepping ice rinks as morgues. They're being briefed that the UK will exceed Italy and Spain in fatalities apparently.

                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                              "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                              "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                                The Excel halls are being prepped. A fried forwarded me voice notes from a friend of hers in the British Army who are on the detail. There's talk of prepping ice rinks as morgues. They're being briefed that the UK will exceed Italy and Spain in fatalities apparently.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	daily-deaths-covid-19 2.png
Views:	62
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	2596896

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X