Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona Virus...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bad feeling today is going to be looked on badly in weeks to come.
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

    Comment


      The guards shut down Banna beach near Tralee today, you couldn't get parking in the carpark it was so busy.
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

      Comment


        Apparently Lahinch had to be closed too
        Last edited by Oldschoolsocks; 22nd-March-2020, 19:50.
        Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

        Comment


          People are idiots. We need to bring in Spain style restrictions now.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Piquet View Post
            We went for a drive today to Garretstown.

            It was like a Summers day with the crowds there.

            All that was missing was a championship match on the radio.

            Social distancing was being seen more in the breach than the observance.

            I have heard similar reports from Helvic and Ardmore.
            Ownahincha had loads of cars, but the isolation on the beach & road was very good.

            Comment


              Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post

              Ownahincha had loads of cars, but the isolation on the beach & road was very good.
              More on the beach than the observance...

              Comment


                Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post

                Ownahincha had loads of cars, but the isolation on the beach & road was very good.
                seeing a lot of comments around this which is what i was expecting when i thought about heading to one today but the pics of groups sitting outside cafes and queuing at chipper vans etc put me off because id have struggled to tell my son no you cant have chips/icecream

                meanwhile, and i know they are not the only group misbehaving but...

                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

                Comment


                  oh by the way for anyone with picky eaters McDonalds are closing tomorrow at 7 till further notice
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

                  Comment


                    40,000 awaiting testing and those tests arriving from tomorrow.

                    A storm is coming around Thursday and Friday...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                      40,000 awaiting testing and those tests arriving from tomorrow.

                      A storm is coming around Thursday and Friday...
                      So the prediction is at least 15k infections by the end of the month, my guess is that any number significantly less than that highlights a lack of testing. The important numbers are numbers requiring hospital care vs hospital places and numbers requiring intubation vs number of respirators and obviously duration of stay.
                      Last edited by Oldschoolsocks; 22nd-March-2020, 22:46.
                      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

                      Comment


                        I drove out to Woodstown beach near Dunmore East and there were a good few cars but people were keeping fairly well away from each other as they walked along
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                        Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                        Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                        Comment


                          As some of you know, my wife is a school principal and has gone in this morning to open up for a few children of parents who identified themselves as key workers. It's a small-ish school with less than a dozen teachers/teaching assistants and between pre-existing health conditions either of staff members themselves or of their family members, she can only call on four of them to come in and face the heightened risk of infection either from one another or from the children, given that it's possible to be a carrier without showing any symptoms. So you can guess how pleased she was following a text exchange at the breakfast table to find that one parent was just chancing their arm at sending the kid in - started off with an enquiry about how many kids were going in and after she answered that, the reply was essentially "I'm actually only working from home answering emails - if it's that many then X probably shouldn't go in, it's just he's a nightmare to put up with at home."
                          Lovely.
                          Tis but a scratch.

                          Comment


                            Morons like they are why more people are going to die than otherwise would.

                            Comment


                              Thing is, it turns out this person doesn't even meet the definition of key worker. Without revealing too much specific information, they do work in health & social care but don't have any sort of frontline treatment or personal care role - it's essentially administrative and generally involves minimal face-to-face contact in normal circumstances, let alone at this time. So they are in a better position than most to know about the risks and the importance of minimising those risks, yet still would rather try to offload responsibility for their own kid out of sheer f*cking selfish laziness.

                              Anyway, I'll leave it at that - just indulging in blowing off steam and I didn't want to say much to herself as she has enough on her plate.
                              Tis but a scratch.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                                As some of you know, my wife is a school principal and has gone in this morning to open up for a few children of parents who identified themselves as key workers. It's a small-ish school with less than a dozen teachers/teaching assistants and between pre-existing health conditions either of staff members themselves or of their family members, she can only call on four of them to come in and face the heightened risk of infection either from one another or from the children, given that it's possible to be a carrier without showing any symptoms. So you can guess how pleased she was following a text exchange at the breakfast table to find that one parent was just chancing their arm at sending the kid in - started off with an enquiry about how many kids were going in and after she answered that, the reply was essentially "I'm actually only working from home answering emails - if it's that many then X probably shouldn't go in, it's just he's a nightmare to put up with at home."
                                Lovely.
                                It's times like this you realise how unbelievably selfish, ignorant and arrogant people can be. On the other hand well done to Seamus Coleman donating 20,000 euro towards the frontline staff in the HSE.
                                He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X