Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    It's 366 in total today, not 371.

Leo said the daily increase would be 1.3 times the previous day's increase , not that the daily total would increase by 1.3.

EDIT Yesterday's increase was 69, up from 54 the previous day. 1.3 times 54 is 70.

Today's increase is 74. 1.3 times 69 is 90.

Models are often quite linear with a margin of error within so todays 1.2 rise might be tomorrows 1.4. The weather will have a part to play too. I think they are projecting where we will be in line with the protocols they will have to adopt and how the likes of Italy have gone trend wise.
    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
      With respect to a vaccine, this came up in a WH presser today. Phase I trials (safety) have started in the US. These are just to establish safety but they have skipped animal trials and gone straight to humans. The FDA head stressed that even with fast tracking a usable vaccine is a year away. And thats assuming the one that started works. Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. Likely there will be multiple vaccines on trial but there is no guarantee the first few attempts will succeed. The Chinese or EU may come up with something faster but I cant stress how bad it would be if they released something dangerous by skipping some of the safety steps. I'd say a year is the minimum rather than the maximum
      They have to wait a minimum of 1 year from start of testing to see if any adverse affects occur from taking the vaccine
      Life is good

Comment

That's the backstory to I Am Legend
        Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
        http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

my mums postman in killaloe offered his services for shopping/errands etc yesterday. i know theres a lot of it about but i was still massively grateful when i heard, got one of many waves of emotion that ive experienced over recent days including when a staff member brought in cupcakes her niece made for the staff in the hospital

anyone else getting waves of emotion randomly in recent days? they are strange and tough times but with glimmers of hope
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
            That's the backstory to I Am Legend
            I was thinking the same thing, Jackie
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry View Post

Major TNT - I think the point is we need to suspend recriminations while we work to address the current unprecedented crisis. There will be time enough to pass judgement on previous failure, but entirely within the context of COVID-19, Leos performance was good and most of the other politicians likewise have avoided scoring political points in favour of supporting positive action.
              Ah yes that convenient canard, lets give leo varadkar and his incompetent sidekicks a free pass for their war on nurses since they came into power.
              His mistreatment of frontline health workers has cost thousands of lives for the last number of years, and will now cost thousands more. Leo and mehole and their ilk sole concern has been to force people into private healthcare and additional health insurance. All for the sake of a few brown envelopes no doubt just like michael lowry, ray burke, bertie ahern etc etc.

If you are satisfied with years and years of mistreatment and mismanagement of frontline health workers by fg and ff then I really dont know what to say to you and others of a similar mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post

Ah yes that convenient canard, lets give leo varadkar and his incompetent sidekicks a free pass for their war on nurses since they came into power.
                His mistreatment of frontline health workers has cost thousands of lives for the last number of years, and will now cost thousands more. Leo and mehole and their ilk sole concern has been to force people into private healthcare and additional health insurance. All for the sake of a few brown envelopes no doubt just like michael lowry, ray burke, bertie ahern etc etc.

If you are satisfied with years and years of mistreatment and mismanagement of frontline health workers by fg and ff then I really dont know what to say to you and others of a similar mindset.
                Will you ever shut your pie hole? There's bigger fish to fry right now in case you hadn't noticed.
                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post

Will you ever shut your pie hole? There's bigger fish to fry right now in case you hadn't noticed.
                  Problem is theres always a bigger fish to fry isnt there?
                  Highlight fg's pathetic record on homelessness? Be quiet people are living in huts elsewhere..
                  Highlight fg's pathetic record on healthcare? Be quiet people are dying elsewhere..
                  Highlight fg's pathetic record on law and order? Be quiet crime is higher elsewhere..
                  Highlight fg's pathetic record on infrastructure? Be quiet people have no roads elsewhere..

You might want to shut down criticism, silence any sort of focus on poor performance, incompetence, corruption and the rest.
                  But not everyone is a government fanboy, or has such low expectations of what competent government is in a first world country.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                    my mums postman in killaloe offered his services for shopping/errands etc yesterday. i know theres a lot of it about but i was still massively grateful when i heard, got one of many waves of emotion that ive experienced over recent days including when a staff member brought in cupcakes her niece made for the staff in the hospital

anyone else getting waves of emotion randomly in recent days? they are strange and tough times but with glimmers of hope
                    Living in Killaloe and it was great to hear that the family resource centre had many calls from people offering their help to collect and deliver medication and food to those in need of help. There is still a lot of wonderful people in this country willing to help all which is great to see and hear.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

If missing live sport check out sky sports now. Brisbane vs souths in the NRL played behind closed doors. Not rugby but it is live.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post

I've found it really helpful to set specific times when I catch up on the news. Constantly scrolling social media, watching the news isn't good for you mentally imho.

Exercise is important too. I bought a few cheap resistance bands from Amazon, and as a family we are having a giggle doing some resistance band workouts on YouTube.

If you still can, getting out to a park or for a walk somewhere quiet - maintaining social distance - isn't a bad think either.

Also read a few books, do an online course (loads free on https://www.udemy.com/ ) and try to keep yourself as occupied as possible.
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Good advice Fitzy
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

For the poster who contiues with the vendetta on Ff/FG and blaming various for every natural disaster under the sun please STOP.
                            I am an ED nurse who previously would have little time for Leo or Simon. However I along with all the colleagues I have spoken with are v reassured as to how they are handling this unprecedented crisis. Please lay off!!!
                            We as a nation can be proud so far. The head of WHO Medical is an Irishman we have truly excellent medics leading us and steady hands in Dr Leo Varadkhar (who understands all the nuances) Simon Harris who is following advice and Simon Coveney who has medics in rhe family and been a steady pair of hands.

Our nation with minor exceptions has followed advice and the response of the public has been incredibly generous. The much maligned public service in particular social welfare doing huge work in a shortspace of time.
                            In hospital we have admin clerical it cleaners hcas porters maintenance nurses and drs all pulling together to get us through.
                            For those working in the private sector unbelievable hardship but so much generosity from those whose finances may be changed for years to come.
                            We get our nations health right and then we will get together again to support our private enterprises.

Apologies if this comes across as a sermon or rant but it is easy with all the negatives around us to lose sight of the inherent good in people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel Yell View Post
                              For the poster who contiues with the vendetta on Ff/FG and blaming various for every natural disaster under the sun please STOP.
                              I am an ED nurse who previously would have little time for Leo or Simon. However I along with all the colleagues I have spoken with are v reassured as to how they are handling this unprecedented crisis. Please lay off!!!
                              We as a nation can be proud so far. The head of WHO Medical is an Irishman we have truly excellent medics leading us and steady hands in Dr Leo Varadkhar (who understands all the nuances) Simon Harris who is following advice and Simon Coveney who has medics in rhe family and been a steady pair of hands.

Our nation with minor exceptions has followed advice and the response of the public has been incredibly generous. The much maligned public service in particular social welfare doing huge work in a shortspace of time.
                              In hospital we have admin clerical it cleaners hcas porters maintenance nurses and drs all pulling together to get us through.
                              For those working in the private sector unbelievable hardship but so much generosity from those whose finances may be changed for years to come.
                              We get our nations health right and then we will get together again to support our private enterprises.

Apologies if this comes across as a sermon or rant but it is easy with all the negatives around us to lose sight of the inherent good in people.
                              Best wishes to you and all the frontline staff, RY. Stay safe and thanks for looking after all of us. We have a doctor and 2 nurses in our extended family and I know how hard you are all working.

Comment

One of my nieces qualified as a doctor. Yesterday. She now starts work four months earlier than normal. Talk about being chucked in at the deep end.

If you think it's bad in the south, be grateful that you don't live in NI, where the First Minister and Education Minister chose to be "led by the science" only so long as it adhered to the decisions being made in Westminster, rather than risk being perceived to reflect the approach in Dublin. Because, you know, that's Dublin and we're different. Both of these are of course in the DUP - something which should be completely irrelevant at a time like this, but somehow still isn't. They have put us all at greater risk for the sake of political optics rather than be cognisant of the clear difference in circumstances resulting from living on a separate bloody island from Britain while sharing an imaginary border with an administration adopting a different strategy from London's, one which is more appropriate to a geo-bound territory with the same overall population spread and patterns of intersocial contact. They've even made an utter balls of the eventual decision to close schools, which it turns out isn't really a proper closure at all and will not, as things stand, result in the kind of social distancing required. It's a sh1tshow.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X