Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona Virus...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Was going to say that. He would not show he has it if at all possible. He's the strongest bestest healthiest president ever
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

    Comment


      Hard to know what to make of the British reaction, which is much more cautious about making big calls at the right time.

      The cases in Ireland so far are very low in terms of the final potential spread, so what options are left when it gets closer to a peak and this level of shutdown isn't sustainable anymore?

      Suppose only time will tell who called it right.
      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

      Paul Theroux

      Comment


        Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

        If he is infected I'd imagine they will do their best to hide it. Just asserting that he doesn't need testing is hugely suspicious. This virus is highly contagious by air. Being in the company of an infected person is extremely dangerous.
        To steal from Muhammad Ali "Trump he makes virus sick"

        Comment


          The concern, or lack thereof, should he be infected says it all about what and who he is.


          I am the million man.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            The concern, or lack thereof, should he be infected says it all about what and who he is.

            That's my point. There's no way they're lacking in concern. He's a germophobe ffs. They're hiding something.
            Stand up for the Ulcer men

            Comment


              Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

              That's my point. There's no way they're lacking in concern. He's a germophobe ffs. They're hiding something.
              I meant the public. He's not exactly Mother Theresa or Mandela

              I am the million man.

              Comment


                Originally posted by busby View Post
                Hard to know what to make of the British reaction, which is much more cautious about making big calls at the right time.

                The cases in Ireland so far are very low in terms of the final potential spread, so what options are left when it gets closer to a peak and this level of shutdown isn't sustainable anymore?

                Suppose only time will tell who called it right.
                Hopefully both countries have got it right according to their populations etc. I understand the logic of the British position but I also think the Irish position could be the correct one for Ireland. One thing I know for sure is both countries are better off than the US with that pr’ck in charge.

                Comment


                  The UK will have schools closed end of next week.

                  It seems Boris had a 4hr.meeting and came out of it deciding to do nothing. Yet we've moved to the next stage? He's a wab
                  Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                  http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

                  Comment


                    27 new cases today, bringing the total so far to 70. Looks like that increase of nine yesterday, down from an increase of ten the day before, was a blip.

                    I'm informed that the daily total given each day is the total up to noon that day.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

                      Hopefully both countries have got it right according to their populations etc. I understand the logic of the British position but I also think the Irish position could be the correct one for Ireland. One thing I know for sure is both countries are better off than the US with that pr’ck in charge.
                      I'm not BJs biggest fan, to say the least, but I do find it somewhat startling that the media and other commentators are calling him out for listening to some of the best medical advisors in the country.

                      It's only a wet week since people were bemoaning that experts weren't being listened to.

                      Health services differ vastly from country to country, so what might work in one country might not work in another.

                      (If we learn later on that the advice of the health professionals was ignored,and Cummings made the call, then that'll be a different kettle of fish).

                      I too hope that both countries have made the right decision.


                      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                      Comment


                        few pictures around now of elderly shoppers with empty trollys trying to find something to buy. I'm not going to post the pics but to the panic buyers, maybe offer some of your hoard to an elderly or vulnerable neighbour who found empty shelves when they got to the shops this week
                        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                          The UK will have schools closed end of next week.

                          It seems Boris had a 4hr.meeting and came out of it deciding to do nothing. Yet we've moved to the next stage? He's a wab
                          There is an immense amount being done, and the important stuff is being carefully prepared . That what these meetings do, only stuff that is relevant to the public now comes out- other things get disseminated by other channels to all of the services etc who have a direct feed into the Cobra meetings. What is not been my done is making grand gestures that people who see all of the available data do not think will have a positive effect at this stage. Those sorts of actions are just like whistling in the dark- makes you feel better but has no effect.

                          I realise this all sounds very paternalistic, but I honestly think this is the best way of handling things. I listened to all of the two press conferences in full after Leo’s announcement and the cobra meeting. I know which made me feel more confident, but then I know the circumstances here and not that much about things in Ireland except through media.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

                            I'm not BJs biggest fan, to say the least, but I do find it somewhat startling that the media and other commentators are calling him out for listening to some of the best medical advisors in the country.

                            It's only a wet week since people were bemoaning that experts weren't being listened to.

                            Health services differ vastly from country to country, so what might work in one country might not work in another.

                            (If we learn later on that the advice of the health professionals was ignored,and Cummings made the call, then that'll be a different kettle of fish).

                            I too hope that both countries have made the right decision.

                            It’s also not really about doing different things, but the timing of those things. UK will close schools- but not for 3 -4 weeks (I actually spoke this morning to one of the civil servants with direct involvement in the planning of this, and while there is a recognition that circumstances may change- it is thought best to try to hold the line until this point). The clamour to do something, because other in different circumstances are doing it, is just naïveté, it’s understandable but really no help. Boris has put his buffoon outfit in the wardrobe, and on the evidence of yesterday’s press conference is listening to people with the unenviable task of a interpreting complex, incomplete and changing evidence and recommending decisions that they will have to stand by.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post

                              I'm not BJs biggest fan, to say the least, but I do find it somewhat startling that the media and other commentators are calling him out for listening to some of the best medical advisors in the country.

                              It's only a wet week since people were bemoaning that experts weren't being listened to.

                              Health services differ vastly from country to country, so what might work in one country might not work in another.

                              (If we learn later on that the advice of the health professionals was ignored,and Cummings made the call, then that'll be a different kettle of fish).

                              I too hope that both countries have made the right decision.

                              Both the experts were clear and unequivocal in their reasoning and there is a sound logic to it given the UK’s situation the same as there is a sound logic to Ireland attempting to contain the virus by the means they are adopting.

                              Comment


                                Wales scotland game confirmed as going ahead. How is that in any way a good idea? Stadium for 2 hours, queues for bar etc will be bad enough (less than 1m from one seat to another) but the public transport and the local pubs beforehand will be heaving. I don't care how considered or sensible people think UK plan is this (and Cheltenham) is absolutely reckless
                                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X