Corona Virus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    Looks like all college and schools to be closed.
    Yes, just now Leo live from US, schools colleges and child care from tomorrow, gatherings of 100+ indoor, 500+ outdoor, - but continue to 'work normally, if you can..'
    Last edited by jagawayagain; 12th-March-2020, 10:34.

Comment

Outdoor gatherings of 500+ to be cancelled, indoor 100+, so League of Ireland ok, everything else..
      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Outdoor gatherings of 500+ to be cancelled, indoor 100+, so League of Ireland ok, everything else..
        what happens on a call centre floor of 120 people? Does that constitute a gathering?
        I am the million man.

Comment

A sensible approach.

I suspect any office based workers will have to get used to their colleagues on Skype going "hang on a second there folks, JESUS KILLIAN DON'T STICK YOUR HANDS IN THERE" over the next few weeks / months.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Cork City's game would expect way more than 500.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post

Cork City's game would expect way more than 500.
              AIL games might get more than 500 with everything else cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Schools Cup finals?

Club & Cup finals on this weekend and next
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Why would you risk it?
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Why would you risk it?
                    I wouldn't, but look at Cheltenham ffs. My point was that many event organizers need to start thinking about their plans now. Even large bars and nightclubs.

I think the action by the government is correct and wish the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Belgium had taken the same approach 10 days ago.

Sweden have even announced that they are stopping testing for it now unless their are extreme symptoms or vulnerability, i.e. they have accepted that its widespread and out of control and are focused on triage. At the same time schools, events etc continue as normal. Seems like a recipe for a disaster of monumental proportions to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

How will this work on a practical level?

For example, lets say a funeral. Your average Irish funeral is say 200 people? What about going to a funeral viewing? Will people still shake hands? What happens when it's someone who has unfortunately died from Covid-19?
                      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                        I’m happy to see the numbers going to mass reduced. Thought I can see it could lead to Mass panic.
                        I got your coat!

Comment

Just got the nod there....setting up camp in the man cave for the forseeable.

"It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                            How will this work on a practical level?

For example, lets say a funeral. Your average Irish funeral is say 200 people? What about going to a funeral viewing? Will people still shake hands? What happens when it's someone who has unfortunately died from Covid-19?
                            I was at a funeral last weekend and there was a request made at the end of the mass for people just to nod at the bereaved as they walked past as opposed to shaking hands. It was odd to say the least.

I presume people who die from the virus complications will just be buried as quickly as possible.
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

I think closing schools is a questionable move - with the caveat that I am not sure anybody really knows what the right thing to do is
                              if schools do close then they need to have day care available for essential workers (health workers, garda, emergency services etc), and make sure that non essential workers who have to stay home are not financially impacted

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
                                Just got the nod there....setting up camp in the man cave for the forseeable.

Have you got past the wanking stage yet?
                                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X