No announcement yet.

Corona Virus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donnelly already got his results and tested negative.

The fume over the next few days that he got his results within a few hours of being tested is going to be huge.
    Life is good

Comment

Donnelly negative.
      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by munstershane View Post

According to this evenings briefing just a nasal swab for children going forward and not the nasopharyngeal swab like adults get. So less traumatic for the young uns
        Like a lot of what has gone on since Tony Holohan/ Simon Harris left (never thought Id write this) this isnt strictly accurate. Some labs current set up still require nasal and oral samples for their testing.

In other news Stephan Donnelly texted to RTE live on air that he was Negative but we knew that for years

Comment

The fume over the next few days that he got his results within a few hours of being tested is going to be huge.
          Is Eamon Ryan still shielding and awaiting a result?
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

In fairness senior ministers and government officials should be jumping the queue.

And quick results are normal in certain situations. People getting tested on admission to hospital get their results in hours too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

In fairness senior ministers and government officials should be jumping the queue.

And quick results are normal in certain situations. People getting tested on admission to hospital get their results in hours too.
              Not always. I work in healthcare and look after a few people who had to go to A&E and because they were coming from a residential setting were automatically out through covid side of A&E and covid tested. They were sent home after a few hours but had to isolate for up to a week and in one case two weeks because results didn't come back.

Anyway the fact of the matter is that when the government are receiving heat on the the turnaround between test and results that their minister gets his within a few hours then there will be many who will get up in arms about it. That was my point. One way or another the talk shows will be busy with the fume tomorrow.
              Life is good

Comment

I agree. And if people choose to complain about that, what's new? Paper never refuses ink/ social media never refuses complaints.

Comment

I agree. But what the hell was the Minister for Health attending a Cabinet meeting with symptoms? And this applies to the flu also - those days are gone in terms of being a martyr.
                  Last edited by The Last Stand; 15-September-2020, 23:02.

Comment

The real issue is that he turned up to a Cabinet meeting with symptoms. He was coughing on the radio in the morning and on the press conference before being told to get a test.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

I agree. But what the hell was the Minister for Health attending a Cabinet meeting with symptoms? And this applies to the flu also - those days are gone in terms of being a martyr.
                      You say that. But as a population I bet we go back to folks going about their business when they are ill. Spreading it to the rest of us. We’ve all been there in the past. But after all this, there are a lot of new hygienic habits I’ll be carrying forward.

For a fella who is sick every few months, throat infection, sinusitis etc... I haven’t been unwell since getting Covid in March. That’s a long time for me to go without anything. I suspect others have been free from illness too. Turns out, people are the problem!

If it all goes away, I hope they leave the hand sanitisers. If you’re ill, don’t go to work and if you do, wear a mask. When you’re out shopping etc... and you get home, wash your hands. If we all do there won’t be half the illness as before knocking about.
                      The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Work colleague's grandchild was tested on Tues afternoon, got result, negative, on Wed morning.

Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post

You say that. But as a population I bet we go back to folks going about their business when they are ill. Spreading it to the rest of us. We’ve all been there in the past. But after all this, there are a lot of new hygienic habits I’ll be carrying forward.

For a fella who is sick every few months, throat infection, sinusitis etc... I haven’t been unwell since getting Covid in March. That’s a long time for me to go without anything. I suspect others have been free from illness too. Turns out, people are the problem!

If it all goes away, I hope they leave the hand sanitisers. If you’re ill, don’t go to work and if you do, wear a mask. When you’re out shopping etc... and you get home, wash your hands. If we all do there won’t be half the illness as before knocking about.
                          yup it's a strange one. I normally have sinusitis/ rhinitis etc at some level so usually some level of congestion / mucus etc. Since I got Covid my head seems to have opened right up. The HSE contact person was surprised to add that to the list of side-effects.

Comment

The app should tell you what phase your area is in front and centre. Its not rocket surgery, it knows where you are located, a little splash as it opens saying 'you are in X and the phase here is X, you can do this, this, this and not do this, this, this etc'

Asking a lot though, this Gov is behind the news at all times
                            I am the million man.

Comment

not to mention the HSE. although the app development was outsourced i presume, and shouldn't rely on the hse core systems much which are antiquated in places
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Van Morrison weighs into the debate
                                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                                X