Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corona Virus...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bolsonaro in Brazil has tested positive for Covid
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

    Comment


      Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
      Bolsonaro in Brazil has tested positive for Covid
      Yay!! There IS a god! And She knows who to get her claws into.
      Stand up for the Ulcer men

      Comment


        Originally posted by Jenta View Post
        In case anyone thought there was hope:
        Nearly one in six Britons will refuse a coronavirus vaccine if and when one becomes available, and a similar number are unsure whether they will get one, according to a survey.

        https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...vid-19-vaccine
        If you're in a room with that one infected and anti vax person in six before you're given your vaccine...........

        It'll hunt them down faster than ever surely? It won't be able to attack the vaccinated, we will all be living more like the normal days because of the vaccine and it will rifle through the flat earthers like a bad tofu lasagne

        When did being wilfully disbelieving become fashionable?
        I am the million man.

        Comment


          https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...virus-covid-19
          ____________________________________________
          Munster were great when they were Munster.

          alas they are just north munster now.......
          ____________________________________________

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            If you're in a room with that one infected and anti vax person in six before you're given your vaccine...........

            It'll hunt them down faster than ever surely? It won't be able to attack the vaccinated, we will all be living more like the normal days because of the vaccine and it will rifle through the flat earthers like a bad tofu lasagne

            When did being wilfully disbelieving become fashionable?
            Some people cannot get vaccinated. Children cannot choose their parents. These are the unfortunate victims of the pro-virus movement.

            Comment


              Click image for larger version  Name:	113004392_ireland-sport_trans%2B%2Bn4caHlcskoKqNbBgiUk6SzxI6bmBMr3HarEXEL6uvIU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.1 KB ID:	2601403



              HSE predicts more than one million registrations for Covid-19 tracker app in first 24 hours


              Chief executive hails ‘most successful launch of this app anywhere in world

              about an hour ago Updated: 15 minutes ago

              More than 865,000 people have signed up for the HSE’s new tracker app which is aimed at helping identify close contacts of those who test positive for Covid-19.

              HSE chief executive Paul Reid said on Wednesdy morning he expects the app to have one million users within 24 hours of its formal launch on Tuesday, adding that it is “by far the most successful launch of this app anywhere in the world.

              “Well done Ireland. Please keep it going and protect everyone by downloading it now,” he wrote on Twitter on Wednesday morning.

              Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly described the take-up of the app as a “huge act of solidarity”.


              Click image for larger version  Name:	predicting-the-31-man-ireland-squad-for-the-2019-rugby-world-cup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	2601402



              Great ****in country. Shoulder to shoulder (2m apart and with a facemask).
              I am the million man.

              Comment


                Just to point out Cowboy, that the facemask only needs to be worn in situations where you can't maintain 2m social distance.

                Comment


                  Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	112
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2601406
                  I am the million man.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    Click image for larger version Name:	113004392_ireland-sport_trans%2B%2Bn4caHlcskoKqNbBgiUk6SzxI6bmBMr3HarEXEL6uvIU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	132.1 KB ID:	2601403



                    HSE predicts more than one million registrations for Covid-19 tracker app in first 24 hours


                    Chief executive hails ‘most successful launch of this app anywhere in world

                    about an hour ago Updated: 15 minutes ago

                    More than 865,000 people have signed up for the HSE’s new tracker app which is aimed at helping identify close contacts of those who test positive for Covid-19.

                    HSE chief executive Paul Reid said on Wednesdy morning he expects the app to have one million users within 24 hours of its formal launch on Tuesday, adding that it is “by far the most successful launch of this app anywhere in the world.

                    “Well done Ireland. Please keep it going and protect everyone by downloading it now,” he wrote on Twitter on Wednesday morning.

                    Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly described the take-up of the app as a “huge act of solidarity”.


                    Click image for larger version Name:	predicting-the-31-man-ireland-squad-for-the-2019-rugby-world-cup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	2601402



                    Great ****in country. Shoulder to shoulder (2m apart and with a facemask).
                    Why are there pictures from the Irl/NZ match embedded in this post?
                    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                    Comment


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	200.gif
Views:	106
Size:	526.1 KB
ID:	2601413
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        Jesus a few places in the States are a mess - California, Arizona, Florida, Texas. All opened up (fully) and are doing partial shutdown again - only Florida wants to stay opened.
                        (Just as well there are no retired people there).

                        Victoria in Oz now also closing down as well.

                        I think we are in for a fairly protracted period of social distancing until we have a vaccine.
                        Last edited by fitzy73; 9-July-2020, 09:42. Reason: Spulling
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

                        Comment


                          The only chance the US has of making it out of this intact is that the virus has mutated into something less deadly. If the death figures start to pick up again after an initial lag behind case spikes then things could get genuinely ugly.
                          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                            Just to point out Cowboy, that the facemask only needs to be worn in situations where you can't maintain 2m social distance.
                            Except, as I, and anyone else with the most basic common sense and elementary grasp of the simplest of physics already knew, that 1m 2m 3m and time spent there are almost random criteria because you could breathe in one passing sneeze many metres away. Absorption of "virus load" has so many variables. 2m for 15 mins is like less scientifically proved rule then capricious and arbitrary speed limits!
                            Last edited by Salty Dog; 8-July-2020, 20:55.

                            Comment


                              I think our system's ability to control localised outbreaks is going to be tested over the next week or so.
                              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post

                                Except, as I, and anyone else with the most basic common sense and elementary grasp of the simplest of physics already knew, that 1m 2m 3m and time spent there are almost random criteria because you could breathe in one passing sneeze many metres away. Absorption of "virus load" has so many variables. 2m for 15 mins is like less scientifically proved rule then capricious and arbitrary speed limits!
                                It's all about probabilities
                                Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                                http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X