No announcement yet.

Corona Virus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, I see that now. You live & learn!
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
      Also on Page 5 of the Moderator training manual. I think it was also covered in the blended learning presentations.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        In fairness your kind of killing the belief that us mods are all seeing and knowing with that statement
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post

whats being proposed is not dissimilar to South Korea https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates...cord-1.5537631
          14 day confinement in hotel or home (if a resident)
          South Korea doesn't have an open land border with another country whose citizens won't have to quarantine. Its also ridiculous when the rest of the EU will be opening up to travel.

The numbers are and will be low entering the country for the foreseeable future. Just test them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

Also on Page 5 of the Moderator training manual. I think it was also covered in the blended learning presentations.
            There was a training manual?

(as opposed to a perfectly user-friendly forum that used to have, among other things, a clearly visible Visitor Messages button up until the last "upgrade"?)
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

The really classy forums have mods for the mods. A sort of deep state mods. HETAC level 9 in sarcasm, good looks and a vicious temperament are considered assets among this elite.
              Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

South Korea doesn't have an open land border with another country whose citizens won't have to quarantine. Its also ridiculous when the rest of the EU will be opening up to travel.

The numbers are and will be low entering the country for the foreseeable future. Just test them.
                I dont understand why Ireland cant test everybody on arrival OR a mandatory quarantine. Like Iceland
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...683_story.html
                Not sure what exactly you would do with positives but people would have a very strong incentive to test before getting on a plane (I could see airlines doing it)
                Or we simply dont have the testing in place for a quick turnaround on results?
                Seems to make economic sense to have it as a priority
                Iceland looking attractive for a holiday this summer- if they are testing or quarantining all arrivals and seem to be close to elimination could be good spot to relax
                Great spot btw

Comment

The place is full of hobgoblins, volcanoes and fish ffs.
                  Like Lahinch, I suppose, but not as strange to be fair.

Comment

Hi Folks, I never put this up here as i wasn't sure how useful it would be and i'm sure i couldn't articulate it correctly. But at this point, i've read so many views, you can use this info to support your argument or not, there's probably some good stuff here,

Approx Mid March before Covid became an issue in the UK.

22 Feb, our ski trip to Ischgl Austria
                    28 Feb, massive night in the Kitzloch, Ischgl. Google the place, first massive outbreak outside of Northern Italy, Brought into staff area/kitchen to leave gear safe to be able to enjoy night, Our host was our instructor all week and also worked there each evening.
                    01 March, arrived back in Gatwick. Inns-Gatwick flight.
                    01 March, Munich to Iceland flight included lots of travellers from Ischgl, many declared positive on arrival, Icelandic Govt. declares Ischgl a hotspot equal to Wuhan.
                    02 March, not well, pinch in throat - No temp - no taste or smell. Aches/pains/fatigue every day.
                    07 March, read about the outbreak in Ischgl, contacted instructor. He and every barman had to be tested. 15 found positive. He was asymptomatic. How many others?
                    08 March, NHS called, what to do? My symptoms arent fever or shortness of breath yet i know someone who is positive with NO symptoms!! Therefore, there must be everything in between the official symptoms and none are possible!!
                    09 March 3 Phonecalls with the NHS.1. Your case is interesting. 2. We would like to test you, let us call you and tell you when/where. 3. We won't test you. Please isolate for 14 days.

14 days from when?
                    From when you last saw that instructor.
                    oh ok, so you mean isolate from the 29th of feb, but today is 09th of March??? Yes, please isolate for 4 days from now.

For those who are interested, that was my experience.
                    The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

Not sure what the point is here, other than testing shambles in the UK. The thing is, there's no effective treatment for covid-19. So. Unless your symptoms are really debilitating you're better off self quaranteed at home for the sake of not spreading the virus. You don't need to be in care. Obviously better there was a quarantining unit but that's related to disorganisation in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post

In fairness your kind of killing the belief that us mods are all seeing and knowing with that statement
                        In fairness, you're "kind of" killing the belief that y'all mods should lead by example with regard to spelling, grammar, syntax and punctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                          Not sure what the point is here, other than testing shambles in the UK. The thing is, there's no effective treatment for covid-19. So. Unless your symptoms are really debilitating you're better off self quaranteed at home for the sake of not spreading the virus. You don't need to be in care. Obviously better there was a quarantining unit but that's related to disorganisation in the UK.
                          He told you what the point was - he was sharing his experience.

also goes to misreporting of stats, unwillingness of NHS to act and what the herd immunity policy looks like over there
                          Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post

He told you what the point was - he was sharing his experience.

also goes to misreporting of stats, unwillingness of NHS to act and what the herd immunity policy looks like over there
                            Sorry sor, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterTel View Post
                              Hi Folks, I never put this up here as i wasn't sure how useful it would be and i'm sure i couldn't articulate it correctly. But at this point, i've read so many views, you can use this info to support your argument or not, there's probably some good stuff here,

Approx Mid March before Covid became an issue in the UK.

22 Feb, our ski trip to Ischgl Austria
                              28 Feb, massive night in the Kitzloch, Ischgl. Google the place, first massive outbreak outside of Northern Italy, Brought into staff area/kitchen to leave gear safe to be able to enjoy night, Our host was our instructor all week and also worked there each evening.
                              01 March, arrived back in Gatwick. Inns-Gatwick flight.
                              01 March, Munich to Iceland flight included lots of travellers from Ischgl, many declared positive on arrival, Icelandic Govt. declares Ischgl a hotspot equal to Wuhan.
                              02 March, not well, pinch in throat - No temp - no taste or smell. Aches/pains/fatigue every day.
                              07 March, read about the outbreak in Ischgl, contacted instructor. He and every barman had to be tested. 15 found positive. He was asymptomatic. How many others?
                              08 March, NHS called, what to do? My symptoms arent fever or shortness of breath yet i know someone who is positive with NO symptoms!! Therefore, there must be everything in between the official symptoms and none are possible!!
                              09 March 3 Phonecalls with the NHS.1. Your case is interesting. 2. We would like to test you, let us call you and tell you when/where. 3. We won't test you. Please isolate for 14 days.

14 days from when?
                              From when you last saw that instructor.
                              oh ok, so you mean isolate from the 29th of feb, but today is 09th of March??? Yes, please isolate for 4 days from now.

For those who are interested, that was my experience.
                              Superdrug are now doing an antibody test. It's sold out at the moment, but should be available again soon. If you really really want to know if you had it (and it's fair to say that looks likely) this might be an option.

I know two people who tested positive and they had zero symptoms.
                              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Just in case I sound a bit paranoid with this "shaped discourse" stuff, a couple of links:

​​​​​​https://www.businessinsider.com/trol...rmation-2020-4

​​​​​​
                                Bouzy (founder of Bot Sentinel) says the amount of inauthentic activity he's seeing surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak "eclipses" anything he's ever observed before.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...eopen-america/

Carnegie Mellon (who pretty much invented artificial intelligence) estimate that between 45% and 60% of Twitter accounts calling for America to re-open are Bots.

Two things seem eminently clear from the research. 1) There is unquestionably a co-ordinated campaign of misinformation pushing for re-opening and 2) we don't know who they are or why they're expending vast amounts of money in the effort.

But it's the same machine that's been pushing Trump, the same machine that carries out character assassination on any young black man that gets shot in the US, the same machine that was put into play in Brexit, the same machine that springs into action after mass shootings in the US, the same machine that is pushing nonsense about climate change.

The same tools, the same approaches, the same rhetoric, the same dissemination strategies, the same networks of influencers.

The article says that CM are beginning to chart how this engine transfers into other social media domains, and into the mainstream media.

Be wide!
                                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X