Corona Virus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona Virus...

Actual text of a work circular received here today in the Middle East...

Dear Colleagues,

This email serves as a precautionary awareness to everyone and not to stir up panic amongst us.

Please find attached circular from DHA about the virus for your reference and information.

Below are some of the basic safety standards that everyone must follow:
    • Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
    • Wash your hands properly
    • Always carry a hand sanitizer
    • Avoid traveling to animal or seafood markets
    • Avoid close contact with infected people; wear a fit-tested N95 mask, eye protection (i.e. goggles or a face shield), gloves and impermeable apron when in crowded areas

BA just suspended flights to mainland China, and there are people walking around my office in face masks.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

I was in Delhi recently where the city centre traffic is like a 24 hour stock car racing festival. The Car owner virus has reached epidemic proportions there now.
    Last edited by tippete7trees; 29-January-2020, 13:08.
    Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Dress like your heading for a look at reactor 4 in Chernobyl but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T PANIC.

I really like the way the 5 part list begins with requirements to basic courtesy and ends with hazmat suit.
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

... only in crowded spaces
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

More dead from the annual flu virus than the mexican beer one, probably more dead from from just drinking Corona beer then the actual virus
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

if this isnt a man made biological weapon, escaping and gone a little wrong, i will eat my hat

Comment

Apparently originates from wild animals being sold in a market in Wuhan. Many viruses pass from species to species that way.

Another problem could be from old remains defrosting as the permafrost thaws. There have been unusual infections in Siberia/Russia caused by carcasses of ancient reindeer being released from the ice. These are almost all bacteria rather than viruses however
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Milan seems to have gone into Lockdown. Inter have postponed today's game.

As long as Munster didn't bring it home on Friday night .

Comment

Wonder whether it will affect the Treviso games ...
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    if this isnt a man made biological weapon, escaping and gone a little wrong, i will eat my hat
                    Will that be with fries or without?
                    Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      Milan seems to have gone into Lockdown. Inter have postponed today's game.

As long as Munster didn't bring it home on Friday night .
                      Couple of folks from here went to the match..

can you catch it from the internet???

Comment

Ulster due to play Treviso next weekend. Can't see that happening.
                        Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                        http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

No Jackie, reckon it will be postponed. 11 towns/villages in lockdown in Northern Italy now. 10 in Lombardy and 1 in Veneto (region Venice and Treviso is in)

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                            No Jackie, reckon it will be postponed. 11 towns/villages in lockdown in Northern Italy now. 10 in Lombardy and 1 in Veneto (region Venice and Treviso is in)

Both Pro 14 games chopped, this weekend, no decision on Ireland game yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Both Pro 14 games chopped, this weekend, no decision on Ireland game yet.
                              Ireland game in Dublin, no virus here, and no travel ban on Italians... yet

Comment

Working...
                              X