Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish General Election 2020: It's Show Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a copy of it:
    https://twitter.com/LindaKagyu/statu...09074372988929

Very American style. Don't think about specifics, just pick a side and attack the other. Pity to see this ****e surfacing in Irish politics but glad to see it so heavily criticised.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

She’s blonde..

interesting fact re the Shinners, recent survey of all voters saw that 70% of Shinners not want any asylum seekers from North Africa to be allowed into Ireland, for a party that says its puralist and true left wing, seems their supporters aren’t so, just your more basic populist knuckle dragger type it seems, but sure we all know that anyway
      You can't be saying that either
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I will be voting for FG. They performed well during Brexit and were calm, measured and practical while also not buckling to the pressure from the British. They also did a decent job during the last 2 terms. The 2 major blots being the board or Irish water and Maria Bailey fiascos. Still, there's no credible alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

You can't be saying that either
          I hope you're not speaking on behalf of the knuckle dragger community.
          Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

................70% of Shinners not want any asylum seekers from North Africa to be allowed into Ireland, for a party that says its puralist and true left wing, seems their supporters aren’t so, just your more basic populist knuckle dragger type it seems, but sure we all know that anyway

It's the 'North' bit that give them the Heebie Jeebie's.
            Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by desert man View Post
              I will be voting for FG. They performed well during Brexit and were calm, measured and practical while also not buckling to the pressure from the British. They also did a decent job during the last 2 terms. The 2 major blots being the board or Irish water and Maria Bailey fiascos. Still, there's no credible alternative.
              Bailey was a political sideshow but it also shone a deserved light on the rampant compo culture which exists.
              Nearly 10 years in power and still major problems exist.
              the health service is a disaster ,never ending waiting lists and recruitment bans when more front line staff are desperately required. Housing and homelessness is another area where they have failed to get to grips with the problems.
              they have allowed cuckoo funds to operate and grab much needed housing out from within the grasp of some who even if they could buy are not able to . Rural communities are at times living in fear with attacks on the elderly in their homes, crime is rife and there is a revolving door operating in the prison service allowing offenders repeat crimes .
              Mental health is also a huge area where not enough is being done especially for young people .
              It's time for a change I think but would a FF led government be better ? .it will all come down to policies and who the electorate put their trust in to deliver .

Comment

Fine Gael have been absolute ****e in last few years since Leo got the reins. In addition to housing, homelessness, huge HSE crises, there is the total culture of zero accountability and squandering of taxpayers money, from Dail Printer to a Children’s Hospital made of gold bricks. I wouldn’t put them in charge of a filling station.
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                  Fine Gael have been absolute ****e in last few years since Leo got the reins. In addition to housing, homelessness, huge HSE crises, there is the total culture of zero accountability and squandering of taxpayers money, from Dail Printer to a Children’s Hospital made of gold bricks. I wouldn’t put them in charge of a filling station.
                  I agree with a lot of that but you cannot pin the Dail printer on him. The Oireachtas is a different branch of the State.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                    And FF are a better alternative?
                    The party that bankrupt the country, left a legacy of 200BN debt which we’ll all be paying through USC for the rest of our working lives!

Comment

wrong thread!
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by desert man View Post
                        And that probably says everything about the problem with Irish politics, record trolleys in our hospitals, record homeless people men, women and KIDS and apparently there is no credible alternative......
                        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

surely the point is that the alternative is the coalition that you favour. The more people vote for Sinn fein the more voice they will have, equally for teh greens, soc dems or labour. Its not that there is no alternative. I'm not voting for the big two, and I'm confident that the smaller party that I vote for has a strong chance to influence the next government in the direction that I want the government to move.
                          Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                            surely the point is that the alternative is the coalition that you favour. The more people vote for Sinn fein the more voice they will have, equally for teh greens, soc dems or labour. Its not that there is no alternative. I'm not voting for the big two, and I'm confident that the smaller party that I vote for has a strong chance to influence the next government in the direction that I want the government to move.
                            https://youtu.be/chFaesfO7fQ

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                              There's a copy of it:
                              https://twitter.com/LindaKagyu/statu...09074372988929

Very American style. Don't think about specifics, just pick a side and attack the other. Pity to see this ****e surfacing in Irish politics but glad to see it so heavily criticised.
                              Maybe I have lived too long in the US. But I wouldnt have a problem with this. I watched with sound down but to me it was kind of funny and makes a simple point, effectively. Saying your opponent has no policies is hardly new or controversial. Its far from the outright lies and pandering that goes on in US politics. If this was your only message I'd be concerned but I think we can become too precious about stuff like this.

Comment

The difference between FF and FG is so marginal policy wise that you have to wonder why at some stage they just don't amalgamate.

Yet the electorate will keep voting these ****ers in. Incredible.
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X