Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrick Quirke found guilty

According to RTÉ just now.

Now that it's over, can anyone explain to me why every report, day after day, on TV, Radio, in print and online, referred to the victim as "a part-time DJ known as "Mr Moonlight" " ?

Comment

Because he didn’t work full time as a DJ?
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I don’t even know what the poor chaps name is, only that he was a part time DJ known as Mr. Moonlight.

Comment

At 7.30 yesterday morning Mr.Quirke was saying to the AI man it was a 'fantastic morning' just before he got the train up to Dublin, as he always did. This time he didn't come back down.
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
            Now that it's over, can anyone explain to me why every report, day after day, on TV, Radio, in print and online, referred to the victim as "a part-time DJ known as "Mr Moonlight" " ?
            'Mr. Moonlight' was Bobby Ryan's (the victim) stage name when he DJ'd

I assume you know that, why the media kept referring to it, well i assume it adds a bit of extra sordidness to the reporting, considering the facts of the case and the exposure of the private lives of the victim, the now guilty person and some of the witnesses.
            Last edited by Sulla; 2nd-May-2019, 09:55.

Comment

On a similar topic, why do news outlets always state "the Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar" "the Minister for Health, Simon Harris" the President, Michael D Higgins" etc. ?

At this stage, we all know who these people are.

Could it be that they are trying to pad out their news bulletins?

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                At 7.30 yesterday morning Mr.Quirke was saying to the AI man it was a 'fantastic morning' just before he got the train up to Dublin, as he always did. This time he didn't come back down.
                Did he buy a return ticket, I wonder.

Comment

If it's still valid after 14 years he'll be OK.

Comment

When Mary Lowery was giving her evidence, the morning train up from Limerick Junction had an interesting mix of folk, with Patrick Quirke and his wife, the local Guards and any other local witnesses all waiting on the platform for the same train, similar again on way back down.
                    You can certain he had a return ticket, didn't miss his evening walk around Tipp town with the wife every evening,

Comment

Interesting case. The bould Mary's husband was hardly cold in the grave when she was off galavanting with Quirke. His wife seems to have stuck with him, which is also a bit bizzare.

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Missus was off this week and heard a Liveline interview from some years ago replayed after the verdict, about a total bollix basically cheating his widowed mother about her house....guess who? Yep, Quirke.

Comment

Didn’t read much into the case, but it appears the evidence that convicted him wasn’t the most ironclad, an appeal could quash the conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                            Didn’t read much into the case, but it appears the evidence that convicted him wasn’t the most ironclad, an appeal could quash the conviction.
                            Any appeal won't be on the evidence but on the Judge's summing up, weight she gave to evidence and maybe some of her decisions on what was evidence admissible or not. There was a issue with late submission of evidence by the Guards.Will be on a point of law.

Comment

Working...
                            X