Presidential Election

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
    Looks like Liadh Ní Riada will be announced as SF candidate. While I welcome SFs commitment to democracy, I feel very uncomfortable with the idea that SF would be in government, or hold a flagship office in the State. Her selection looks like (yet another) political master stroke by SF, and she seems to me head and shoulders above the other candidates, and will poll very well. Have FG/FF made a gaff by allowing MIchael D a free pass?
    hahahahahahahahahahaha! I see what you've done there.

The campaign for party leader was certainly gripping and exposed a clear will for open and broad debate about the Party's tactics and approach, just like the vote for the figurehead of the Northern brigade.. sorry, leader in the assembly. It is certainly heartening that all the other SF members who had an interest in securing this nomination and had the opportunity to present their credentials to the party at large have accepted the outcome of the democratic process and are fully behind the elected, sorry endorsed, candidate. [/sarcasm]

FFS - China makes more pretense at democracy than these gangsters. They are normalizing the placing of any number in the SF box on election day in an effort to increase the low levels of transfers that they have traditionally received. The truly frightening thing is (as you say) it is working.

Comment

I was stunned by the appearance of Mary Lou at the formal announcement yesterday.

By the look of her, she would have had difficulty getting into pre-apartheid South Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
        Looks like Liadh Ní Riada will be announced as SF candidate. While I welcome SFs commitment to democracy, I feel very uncomfortable with the idea that SF would be in government, or hold a flagship office in the State. Her selection looks like (yet another) political master stroke by SF, and she seems to me head and shoulders above the other candidates, and will poll very well. Have FG/FF made a gaff by allowing MIchael D a free pass?

They can’t be any worse than the two showers of bluffers currently administering things.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

They can’t be any worse than the two showers of bluffers currently administering things.
          Ah they can. The current (and previous) showers are just plain old common or garden incompetent with various degrees of corruption.

SF take direction from a paramilitary organization whose objective is to bring down the state. Fantasism, fanaticism, facism and our own particular breed of disaster capitalists; SF are just UKIP in bawneen jackets

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Ah they can. The current (and previous) showers are just plain old common or garden incompetent with various degrees of corruption.

SF take direction from a paramilitary organization whose objective is to bring down the state. Fantasism, fanaticism, facism and our own particular breed of disaster capitalists; SF are just UKIP in bawneen jackets
            Speaking on behalf of the Bawneen jacket community I resent that gratuitous and pejorative slight. The Bawneen jacket is universally respected as a symbol of bucolic haute couture and unparalled elegance. Fascism? maybe, but UKIP? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post

Speaking on behalf of the Bawneen jacket community I resent that gratuitous and pejorative slight. The Bawneen jacket is universally respected as a symbol of bucolic haute couture and unparalled elegance. Fascism? maybe, but UKIP? No way.
              If you read carefully you'll note that I didn't impugn the wonderful bawneen jacket - merely that the wearing of them was the one thing that separates SF from UKIP. It is still possible to be a wearer of such jackets, be a non-SF and be a bonne-vivant and raconteur of the highest calibre.

But seriously, what exactly is the difference between UKIP and SF? Bothare founded on a single issue (an illusory issue of sovereignty used as a major selling point to the working class). Both are given undue softlight coverage by their respective national broadcasters. Both are driven by a secretive group of shady individuals who hope to profit from chaos.

Comment

If you read carefully you'll note that I didn't impugn the wonderful bawneen jacket - merely that the wearing of them was the one thing that separates SF from UKIP. It is still possible to be a wearer of such jackets, be a non-SF and be a bonne-vivant and raconteur of the highest calibre.

But seriously, what exactly is the difference between UKIP and SF? Bothare founded on a single issue (an illusory issue of sovereignty used as a major selling point to the working class). Both are given undue softlight coverage by their respective national broadcasters. Both are driven by a secretive group of shady individuals who hope to profit from chaos.
                That's a relief, thank you for that. I've stood down the punishment party. You clearly understand that the immortal bawneen with a black beret is a fatal faux of urbane panache. Frank Spencer is no Jarry Adams, I'll have you know.

Comment

It is of course possible that herself(Liadh Ní Riada) will show up in a bawneen & beret - just to placate any concerns amongst the demobbed insurgents in the (still) occupied North-Eastern six counties - but I think it fair to say that Gerry and Marty (great bawneen men themselves in their day of course) have so skilfully steered a path away from violence - a path once much beloved( at separate ends of the 20th century) in both West Cork and South Armagh - that Liadh can turn up in smart casuals - and the Plain people of Ireland can safely vote for her.
                  ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                  AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

The 'plain people of Ireland' thank you. You will be the honorary guest at the crossroads dancing, now confirmed for the 1st Friday of every month and all holy days.
                    An effigy of Kevin Sharkey will be immolated to kick the 1st ceilidh off.
                    Last edited by tippete7trees; 17th-September-2018, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
                      The 'plain people of Ireland' thank you. You will be the honorary guest at the crossroads dancing, now confirmed for the 1st Friday of every month and all holy days.
                      An effigy of Fergal Sharkey will be immolated to kick the 1st ceilidh off.
                      Whilst twoud be a great honour- I feel tis a more suitable reward for the the little fellah or the quareone - or whomsoever finds themselves above in the Park - after the Plain People of Ireland have had their spake.
                      Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 17th-September-2018, 15:28.
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Yearra for the craic we should give em a turn at the helm, good chance they will be a cabinet of Shane Ross types who are better positioned to throw sh1t at the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          I was stunned by the appearance of Mary Lou at the formal announcement yesterday.

By the look of her, she would have had difficulty getting into pre-apartheid South Africa.
                          Jaysus, I've just seen what you mean. She reminds me of a pair of leather brogues my father used to own in the 80s, in all their "polished for Mass" glory.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Jaysus, I've just seen what you mean. She reminds me of a pair of leather brogues my father used to own in the 80s, in all their "polished for Mass" glory.
                            She looks pretty unhealthy to be honest.

I see Kevin Sharkey has withdrawn from the race. That makes the pool of candidates look slightly less insane anyway.
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Is there a way these dragons can offset their expenses against their profits? I don't want to contribute a cent towards their campaign, and that includes lost potential tax income.
                              Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Limerick and Tipp Councils, not wanting to be left behind in their exercising of their immense powers, decide to Nominate the lessor of the 3 Dragons, Peter Casey, basically last man standing. Remaining ****y Councils that havn't nominated anyone yet must feel a bit left out, Gemma O'Doherty the only one left, pity she's a full fruitcake wrapped in tinfoil.
                                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                                X