Solace in Blabla...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solace in Blabla...

Can someone please stop the madness on the main page? Think of the women and children...
    \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
    Dalai Lama

Originally posted by John123
    Can someone please stop the madness on the main page? Think of the women and children...

What are you doing wasting your time in BlaBla when there's cogent, vitally important debate to be had on the main page!? The sky is falling on Irish rugby John123![img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
    "In my defense, every April 22nd I honor Richard Nixon's death by getting drunk and making some unpopular decisions."
    -Jack Donaghy

Comment

Must resist urge to correct spelling of 'solace'..... resisting....resisting.... ack damn you Rioja you've triumphedagain.
      I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
      HL Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Eamo
        Must resist urge to correct spelling of 'solace'..... resisting....resisting.... ack damn you Rioja you've triumphedagain.
        Pinot Grigo for me damn it to hell [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
        "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

The post is easy but the guilt afterwards......
          I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
          HL Mencken

Comment

Doh! [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img] Corrected that for you but make sure you go back over the Gerry Ryan thread for the same thing...[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
            \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
            Dalai Lama

Comment

think i'm going to need a vibrant, thriving Blabla to help me through the next few weeks[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
              had we won, the excitement of the impending final would have done me!!
              now though, i think we'd want to beat Cardiff with a few young lads involved for the rugby threads to bring me any solace

"They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by No Bother
                Pinot Grigo for me damn it to hell [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
                And they wonder why the country's in the state its in! [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                Like Salman Rushdie, I am back with a new name after a brief spell in hiding offline...

Comment

Originally posted by John123
                  Doh! [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img] Corrected that for you but make sure you go back over the Gerry Ryan thread for the same thing...[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

I won't be revisiting that thread John but should you visit Waterford pm me and we'll have a glass or two of Rioja together at my home.Sometimes the impersoanality of internet debate make one (well certainly makes me) be a hell of a lot more ill mannered than face to face.

Best Wishes
                  HL Mencken

Comment

So, I think we should have enough evidence by now that the neutering of blabla has made a ******** of the site. Ok, its not the only thing, it is the slowest site in history to access off a new machine, that bloody do you accept cookies thing drives me nuts and the ads are ****e. If I see the message from Oz about this being a new site and chatrooms are restricted etc one more time I will go nuts, oh but overall just bring blabla back front and centre
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Put a tick in the box and you shouldn't need to see the cookie message again.
                      Make "Active Other Topics" your default link to MF.com.
                      Adblock.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Probably correct sir but it is more informative/friendly/stimulating than the rugby sections.

Why? Because the Red Army is contradictory/combative/myopic/personally biased most of the time. And the wumming... don't get me started!
                        If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by NiallGK View Post
                          Probably correct sir but it is more informative/friendly/stimulating than the rugby sections.

Why? Because the Red Army is contradictory/combative/myopic/personally biased most of the time. And the wumming... don't get me started!
                          I think that's a fair point, we used to be far more welcoming of non Munster people. There was a new influx of Munster posters 2 or 3 years ago who unfortunately made it less than welcoming for non Munster people. This of course after the great schism of April 2006.

Comment

Last edited by No Bother; 14-May-2014, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                              I think that's a fair point, we used to be far more welcoming of non Munster people. There was a new influx of Munster posters 2 or 3 years ago who unfortunately made it less than welcoming for non Munster people. This of course after the great schism of April 2006.
                              I don't think it's a Munsterfans issue per/say. I don't do facebook, twitter etc and I've found the "breaking news" bit of sites like here,politics and boards was on the ball a couple of years ago, but now is more or less on a par with the regular news sites unless it's very obscure, whereas before they were some of the first sites I looked at. Sites driven by the community seem to be approaching a crossroads.

Comment

Working...
                              X