No announcement yet.

1 question... someone must answer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, thought you were talking bout the ad when yer man cycles downhill in san fran
    Girlfriend\'s English Boss: That Gaelic Football you lot play is a bit mad isn\'t it?

Girlfriend: That\'s nothing, you should watch a game of hurling. Think hockey except the ball is harder, it flies around the place and the sticks have bits of metal on the end of them.

GEB: Woah, sounds dangerous.

GF: Yeah, you can understand why some lads wear helmets, sure people have died.

GEB: What, from being hit in the head?

GF: No, they were shot by the English.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabbage
      sorry, thought you were talking bout the ad when yer man cycles downhill in san fran

Hey cabbage, I am very grateful that you made the effort help me... thanks again...

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by huron
        Love Sigur Ros.Their four albums so far are:Von
        (One)Agaetis Byrjun (A good start) - not sure of the correct spelling,
        google's your friend here() - there are no song names on this
        release, they're just 1,2,3,4 etc.Takk (Thanks) - this is the one that
        most people will have heard something from, the two tracks used by
        the beeb are Glosoli and Hoppipolla with Hoppipolla being used on the
        new DVD.Either get the singles or if you want to go down the albums
        route (Which I HIGHLY recommend):Start with Agaetis Byrjun, then
        Takk, then (), Von is a difficult listen and is only for the die-
        hards.There is a couple of EP's and a soundtrack done in conjunction
        with another Icelandic avant-garde artist but I've not heard them.
        Definately different but there is something about the music,have takk
        really growing on me i'll have to have a look into the other albums

Comment

[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

D'oh. That was a little embarrasing. Of course it is From Takk and not (). I just heard a snippet on some award show where Sir David was getting an award from Steve Irwin's wife. I did know it was Sigur Ros, just got the album wrong
          Sorry
          \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
          P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

While we are on the subject does anyone know what the name of the classical song used in theBritish Airways ad is??.I think they started using it about 4-5 years ago.Its a female duet.
            \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

'The Flower Duet' by Léo Delibes, Ithink, Munsterbouy. (If we're thinking of the same add)
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta

'The Flower Duet' by Léo Delibes, Ithink, Munsterbouy. (If we're thinking of the same add)

Good man Jenta(that song has been haunting me for yonks[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]).Thats the one .do you know which is the best version to getpreferably the one BA use.
                \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Originally posted by munsterbouy

Good man Jenta(that song has been haunting me for yonks[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]).Thats the one .do you know which is the best version to getpreferably the one BA use.

The one I have is by Robin Youngsmith, it's on Classical Chillout Vol. 1, I'm fairly sure it's the same one BA use.
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

The one I have is by Robin Youngsmith, it's on Classical Chillout Vol. 1, I'm fairly sure it's the same one BA use.

Along those lines, Gabriel's Oboe on the Aer Lingus ads was a cracker too
                    \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
                    P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Thanks Jenta much appreciated, I think I will have to go a searching [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

No worries.

Comment

jenta found it........................

the song is .......Speech Defects.... by Le Hammond Inferno......

ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

anyone got a copy of it..?

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                          X