Computer problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer problem

This morning I turned on my computer to find that everything on the monitor has turned on its side. The windows bar is on the right hand side of the screen. I've turned the monitor on its side but its very annoying. I was just wondering does anyone know if this is a virus or whats the craic?
    Our rugby team has a province!

My kids managed to turn the display upside down on me. I had to turn the monitor over to de able to select the control panel and display properties to set it right again[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Try pressing ctrl-alt-side arrow.

if that doesn't work
      right-click an open area of the desktop and click "Properties" to open the "Display Properties" window. Click the "Settings" tab and then click the "Advanced" button to open the monitor settings window.Click the tab corresponding to your graphics card. Find the rotation settings and choose 0 degrees or normal.

Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by pwrmoore
        My kids managed to turn the display upside down on me. I had to turn the monitor over to de able to select the control panel and display properties to set it right again[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]
        holding down the Ctrl, Alt, up arrow keys would fix it.

Comment

Thats great, thanks very much![img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
          Our rugby team has a province!

Comment

So it does - you learn something new every day[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ~Cat~
              Try pressing ctrl-alt-side arrow.

if that doesn't work
              right-click an open area of the desktop and click "Properties" to open the "Display Properties" window. Click the "Settings" tab and then click the "Advanced" button to open the monitor settings window.Click the tab corresponding to your graphics card. Find the rotation settings and choose 0 degrees or normal.

youve just spoiled somebodies fun
              Is it only a game?
              And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

ha ha that reminds me a good one I pulled on a work colleague not too long ago. He fell off his bike and suffered concussion, was off work for a few days. Before he came back I took a screenshot of his desktop and made it his wallpaper. He came in, turned his computer on and obviously the mouse wasn't working for him, so he was clicking away and nothing happening. He got up a bit confused, went away and then I turned the wallpaper off. He came back and it was working once again for him. All during the day I kept switching it, he kept saying there was something wrong with the computer, and I kept telling him he should have taken more time off work as he was obviously still brain damaged. Poor fella only copped it when I told him the next day.
                Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]Classic Harry.
                  <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                  http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                  </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Rockey
                    This morning I turned on my computer to find that everything on the monitor has turned on its side. The windows bar is on the right hand side of the screen. I've turned the monitor on its side but its very annoying. I was just wondering does anyone know if this is a virus or whats the craic?
                    You have the evil, dreaded Drick virus. When your PC sobers up, it'll be upright again, no worries.
                    Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                    "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

You have far to much time on your hands Harry, brilliant[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                      Is it only a game?
                      And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
                        ha ha that reminds me a good one I pulled on a
                        work colleague not too long ago. He fell off his bike and suffered
                        concussion, was off work for a few days. Before he came back I took
                        a screenshot of his desktop and made it his wallpaper. He came in,
                        turned his computer on and obviously the mouse wasn't working for
                        him, so he was clicking away and nothing happening. He got up a bit
                        confused, went away and then I turned the wallpaper off. He came
                        back and it was working once again for him. All during the day I kept
                        switching it, he kept saying there was something wrong with the
                        computer, and I kept telling him he should have taken more time off
                        work as he was obviously still brain damaged. Poor fella only copped
                        it when I told him the next day.
                        Brilliant harry i'll have to remember that one

Comment

Working...
                        X