MP3 player advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 player advice

my latest ipod has gone kaputt and i have decided to get another brand of player. i have no expertise in this area whatsoever but was considering the creative zen. any body know if its any good? any other reccomendations?

cheers

red

creative is good alright, I have small one and its great, I like the fact that it just plugs into the laptop via USB and its drag and drop all the way without the need for software.
    Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

I've been experimenting with MP3 players, including Ipod for some time now, and I would put Creative ahead of everyone else at the moment. Creative actually own the copyright to the Ipod navigation technology, and so were around long before Ipod.

Depending on what your looking for, here is my advice:

Creative Zen v 2gb approx €150 ( very small and sleek than previous) Creatrive Zen M 30GB approx €240 ( 120hours of movies, 15000 songs, with nice slim design and excellent quality)

Itunes now have to make their system available in a format that supports all MP3 formats, so I would go for creative. All the accessories for Creative are far cheaper than Ipod stuff)

Thats my opionion for whats its worth.

Comment

Ive got a creative Zen Sleek Photo and i'd highly recommend a Zen, theyre a fantastic player

Comment

Have a 20 gig zen a couple of years now and it's the biz, never a spot of bother, and it's compatible with everything, unlike the ipod which is only compatible with i-products.
          <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
          http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
          </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

<!-
            var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
            var SymReal;

Sym()
            {
            if(SymReal != null)
            SymReal();
            }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
            {
            SymReal&#079;nLoad();
            SymReal = window.;
            window. = Sym;
            }

//->

Ive gotan oldsony 20GB. The battery life is great, something like 40 hours. Ive heard the new one isnt as good though. I listen to mine all the time and i only charge it about once a week.

if i was buying one tomorrow though it would be creative. The drag and drop feature puts it head and shoulders above the rest.

Comment

Sony Ericssson K800i. It's also a phone, Fm radio with RDS, a 3.2 megapixel camera, and it also makes the tea.

A one stop communication and fun gadget.

Comment

<!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

//->

Get a Sansa e280. What a machine![img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]
                We need men who can dream of things that never were.
                JFK

Comment

Originally posted by red4life

my latest ipod has gone kaputt and i have decided to get another brand of player. i have no expertise in this area whatsoever but was considering the creative zen. any body know if its any good? any other reccomendations?

cheers

red

I had an iRiver H300 for a few years, had an interface similar to windows,no feckin super sensitive touch-wheels, conected to any pc and used drag&amp;drop,simple to use. Not sure if they make that exact model anymore, but the latest ones are just as good.

Wasn't aware the creative zen useddrag&amp;drop? My mate has one and has to import everything into a creative software package and convert it, much the same as an ipod.

What happened your iPod anyway? You said its your 'latest' one, implying you've had hassle before? I just bought one myself and am getting used to it, no problems yet....
                  As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said, “if the day does not require an AK, it is good.”

Comment

Originally posted by rorymagory

Wasn't aware the creative zen useddrag&amp;drop? My mate has one and has to import everything into a creative software package and convert it, much the same as an ipod.
                    <DIV>
                    </DIV>
                    <DIV>My zen works both with drag and drop and with the music organizer software that's provided.</DIV>
                    <DIV>They work excellently as a storage device also.</DIV>
                    </a>

Comment

Originally posted by red4life

cheers

red

How long do you have it? Is it still in warrenty? If so contact Apple and send it off for repair. They've replaced any ipods i've sent off that stopped working on me no questions asked...

Comment

Originally posted by eracoto

They've replaced any ipods i've sent off that stopped working on me no questions asked...
                        <DIV>
                        </DIV>
                        <DIV>The fact that that's plural would lead to me to conclusion that ipods are s**te and always breaking down.</DIV>
                        </a>

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
                          Originally posted by eracoto

They've replaced any ipods i've sent off that stopped working on me no questions asked...
                          <DIV>
                          </DIV>
                          <DIV>The fact that that's plural would lead to me to conclusion that ipods are s**te and always breaking down.</DIV>

Nope they're fantastic - it's me that's the problem. I've dropped one or two onto concrete surfaces, exposed one to under the minimum temperatue and the screen cracked (new video iPod). Really important you read the care instructions. Phones and I don't get on well either as they get bounced around the road, dropped down stairs, into water... Oh the list goes on.. I've got a special cover for my iPod now and when I drop it not a dent or scratch...

Comment

<DIV>christ you sound worse than me. my zen has outlasted it's expectancy being in my ownership. my favourite technological mishap was waking up one morning after a night out with my phone in a cup of tea that hadn't been touched.</DIV>
                            <DIV></DIV>
                            <DIV>ps, I know a good few people who say that ipods are unreliable, they've all switched to zens.</DIV>
                            </a>

Comment

I just love the old iPod and although I've used every other MP3 player I can get my hands on I always go back to the trusty iPod...

Comment

Working...
                              X