Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todgers fans - Racial abuse accusation.

Details here

I realise it's a small minority allegedly involved, but wtf? [img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

Text follows:-
    <h1>
    Statement from The Dragons</h1>
    <div>

Following
    a strong performance against Ulster the game was somewhat soured when
    the Newport Gwent Dragons team were singled out for racial abuse by a
    minority of the Ravenhill crowd.
    The issue having been raised by the players at half
    time was then taken up by The Dragons management and brought to the
    attention of the Ulster officials. The Dragons will confirm in writing
    to Ulster their concerns and disappointment over the incident.
    The Dragons realise that it was a small minority but
    feel the issue needs to be raised as is not acceptable in society and
    the game of rugby football.
    No further comment will be made at this stage. </div>
    <hr>

17 February 2007

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Well, well well, so that thing that walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and sh*ts like a duck turns out to be .................................. a duck.

I am shocked to my very marrow. I mean .... who would have thought it?

I blame Peter Hain.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="font-size: 10pt;">
        </font>
        @@@@/SPAN></font>@@@@SPAN style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 700;" lang="en-us">"I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, there's no way you
        can prove anything!"</font>@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog
          [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Well, well well, so that thing that walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and sh*ts like a duck turns out to be .................................. a duck.

I am shocked to my very marrow. I mean .... who would have thought it?

I blame Peter Hain.
            How very quack of you to pick that one up.

Comment

I think Ulster Rugby needs to hire Carr Communications or some other spin doctor.(or maybe some good security)This isunbelievable. Wouldn't you think they'd be on their best behaviour given the few weeks they have had.
              "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD....
                I think Ulster Rugby needs to hire Carr Communications or some other spin doctor.(or maybe some good security)This isunbelievable. Wouldn't you think they'd be on their best behaviour given the few weeks they have had.

Tis time to kick them out of the ML and HEC methinks. Or, better still, the ML should dock them 4 (or more) points! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Show them no mercy. Munster might need a few more points docked to get close though[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img].

3 page post on uafc here. http://www.uafc.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4975
                  "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Have a gander at the Ulster rugby messageboard. Apparently they are being victimized.
                    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" ="forumline"><T>
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD vAlign=top align=left width=150 ="row2">@@@@SPAN ="name"><A name=84747></A>pwrmoore@@@@/SPAN>
                      @@@@SPAN ="postdetails">Lord Chancellor

</TD>
                      <TD vAlign=top width="100%" height=28 ="row2">
                      <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><T>
                      <T>
                      <TR>
                      <TD width="100%">@@@@SPAN ="postdetails">Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:29 pm@@@@SPAN ="gen">@@@@/SPAN> Post subject: @@@@/SPAN></TD>
                      <TD vAlign=top noWrap></TD></TR>
                      <TR>
                      <TD colSpan=2>
                      <HR>
                      </TD></TR>
                      <TR>
                      <TD colSpan=2>@@@@SPAN ="post">sounds like we'll have to stand in respectful silence for the whole game from now on. We're getting a thoroughly undeserved reputation and mud has undoubtedly stuck.....

Come off it PWR - it's time to get off your threadbare throne and smell the coffee.

Comment

Oh dear. Both UAFC and Ulster rugby have some great messages on. I have to confess that I am rather enjoying this.

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD....
                          Oh dear. Both UAFC and Ulster rugby have some great messages on. I have to confess that I am rather enjoying this.

They even have posted a solution up there - elocution lessons for Todgers supporters so that their inane chants won't be misunderstood by English speakers!

Comment

When did chants become acceptable at a rugby game? On one of the other innumerable threads about Ulster fans,the soccer element going to Ravenhill were blamed for the 'edge' and the chants creeping in to the venue. There are a few heavy duty posters on those websites i.e. longstanding rugby fans,who seem to thinksoccer type chants areok. They are not. Friendly banter is of course perfectly acceptable.

I likedthe post about recruiting a few minority players but pointing out Tommy Bowe didn't count[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

seriously lads we could get 20-30 pages out of this one I'd say.
                              Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X