surfing on Cape Clear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surfing on Cape Clear?

Quick one for you guys. Have any of you ever surfed or heard of anyone surfing on Cape Clear Island? Heading there paddys w/end and am just wondering is it worth bringing the board?

Cheers
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Your best bet is to pm Lahinch Lass as she is the surfing expert here.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

PM l_lass she will probably be able to fill you in.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Never heard of it Upfront.

Comment

Cheers lads I'll do that.

Beir Bua its an Island of the west coast of cork.

http://www.oilean-chleire.ie/english/index.htm
          The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
          - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

As far as I know there are no beaches on Cape Clear. Sherkin has a few nice ones though. Last time I was in Cape Clear we were swimming off the pier and a couple of us cut our feet on broken glass that some eejit had left lying around. We attracted a few sharks but luckily enough we had someone with us who volunteered to be bait. To be truthful he was volunteered and the sharks were really only dogfish.

Comment

There is beach on Cape clear on the opposite side of the Island from the Pier.A couple of miles walk and was'nt easy to get to if I remember correctly, that was ahem 17years ago .SoI would check with someone on the Island.
              \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979

Cheers lads I'll do that.

Beir Bua its an Island of the west coast of cork.

http://www.oilean-chleire.ie/english/index.htm
                i know the island Upfront, just never heard of it as a surfing location, and i've done my fair share of surfing over the years and know lots of die-hard surfers. Can't remember anyone ever mentioning Cape Clear as the place to go.

Comment

Can't say definitively, but I'd be very surprised if there was. Try the local (Skibb) tourist office, Inchydoney hotel (theres' surfing there) or Glenan's in Baltimore 028 20154 (sailing school).
                  Trust is good; control is better. V I Lenin.

Comment

Working...
                  X