Whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven’t tried the Red Spot yet. Prefer the Yellow to Green personally
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Nikkawfrom the barrel anyone??

picked up a bottle - very Smokey and very strong alcohol flavour -
      Only fools and drunks argue over everything. If you don’t have a hangover the next day you’re not the drunk...

Comment

If you find it, go for it. Superb triple distilled whiskey with spicy vanilla aromas; stays a long while in the back nose with citrus tastes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jameson Cooper's croze.JPG Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	2595871
        The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).

Comment

Normally I go for single malts, but tonight I'm continuing my affair with a blended malt called The Peat Monster.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	getimage.php?im=202003251322382823.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	2597991
          Does what it says on the tin (well, on the bottle) - both peaty and smoky but not in your face like Laphroaig/Lagavulin (which I love) can be, nor astringent the way I found Ardmore to be. Interestingly, both Laphroaig and Ardmore contribute to this, along with Caol Ila and a couple of others.

Over the past year or so I've started branching out a bit and no longer almost exclusively drinking very peaty malts such as the above, Talisker etc. Recently finished an absolutely gorgeous bottle of Bunnahabhainn Stiuireadar, and a Welsh whisky before that called Penderyn which I wasn't sure of initially, but which quickly grew on me and which I would definitely have again.

Name:	Legend.png
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	2597992

In terms of Irish whiskies, I've been all about the Glendalough 13 year old single malt recently -

Name:	web_13yo_70cl_black.jpg
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	2597993

... plus I've a Connemara Distiller's Edition waiting to be opened, courtesy of an excessively generous friend.

On a side note, I fired up the blender to make mrs chips an After Eight cocktail - four shots of chocolate liqueur, two shots of creme de menthe, two scoops of mint ice cream, three of double chocolate ice cream and a good glug of milk. Blitz for 20 seconds, pour, bask in the recipient's gratitude and appreciation.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
          X