X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siesta might save your life

Greek study: Siestas could save your life

10:14 Tuesday February 13th 2007

Snoozing in the afternoon may upset the boss, but it could save your life.
    A study of nearly 24,000 men and women in Greece found strong evidence in support of the siesta.

People who took a midday nap for 30 minutes or more at least three times a week were 37% less likely to die from heart disease than those who stayed awake.

Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

I drive a focus. Will I be ok?
    It happened, and I was there.
    4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
    What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballyman

I drive a focus. Will I be ok?

Only if you eat sheeps cheese as well.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Yea, but that deosnt tell the story of what these people did, the people who took siestas probably werent very stressed in life anyway as they had the time to take them. The other poor buggers were picking up the slack from the siesta bums and so were more stressed. I think its terrible what people who take siestas do, a disgrace. Now excuse me i need a nap, bit stressed[img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe that sitting around,ateing,watching the telly, knocking back pints and pulling birds would also save your life. In fact my research says that I will live to 150 but I might run out of money by 50 so I am spending everything on lottery tickets and the horses to make sure that my theory/research works out.

You notice that I didnt include going to Ireland and Munster matches as they sometimes shorten your life with fright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Rip Van Winkle slept for 20 years. He fell asleep during a cricket match. When he woke up the same match was still on so he went back to sleep again. When he woke up 40 years later the same match was on so he went to sleep again. When he woke up 100 years later the same match was on so he went to sleep again. When he woke up 1000 years later the match was over. He turned to his buddy who had also fallen asleep and shook him awake. The match is over my friend, he said. His friend stood up and replied that he would see Rip here againnext week for the return leg.I wouldn't miss it in a 1000 years,Rip said.

Comment

can I have a few glasses of red wine and a kip at lunchtime. Would that help? Or would a few pint bottles of Bulmers be better, and skip the snooze?

Comment

Working...
              X