National Stadium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Stadium

Anyone see Bertie on the news? Can't believe he's still banging on about the need for a national stadium.
    Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Maybe he spots an opportunity to ditch Herr McDowell and Mata and just wants to put the Bertie Bowel back on the agenda.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

He won't let go of that idea, it's his only original one in almost 30 years in public life.

He wants a monument to commemorate him - and in particular his obsession with both sport and big builders.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Surely a fitting monument would be the third world health service, a broadband service comparable with a central asian republic, a society rife with corruption, no accountability among politicians, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born
          Surely a fitting monument would be the third world health service, a broadband service comparable with a central asian republic, a society rife with corruption, no accountability among politicians, etc.
          That's what he's scared of I reckon - finally he realises that the cheese process won't win him any lasting plaudits.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Certainly there's a lot of fungus up there. Leave them rot I say, natural selection.

Comment

I wonder has JP McManus spent that 50 million or is he keeping it in his sock drawer just in case?
              Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog
                Originally posted by The Word Is Born
                That's what he's scared of I reckon - finally he realises that the cheese process won't win him any lasting plaudits.

You read that as well OD?
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

More like a Munster[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                  X