No announcement yet.

Best man speech?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you have got a pint of plain old boring water in front of you.

Comment

A good, sincere speech will be appreciated by the couple (and their parents), but probably won't be remembered. A bad speech will be remembered. Avoid laddish jokes from UK books and websites. Don't try somebody else's jokes; you'll be surprised that the audience will laugh at unexpected parts in a best man's speech - laugh with them. As OTHP says, they're on your side. And be short.
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

I don't know where you can find a ready-made speech (and...why would you even search for that?), but I can recommend you a nice article with useful tips on how to write your own speech: https://www.poptop.uk.com/blog/groom...ting-it-right/, I think it's very helpful.

Comment

Somehow I reckon that 10 years after the OP and 6 years after the last post that the speech has already been made................

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
            Somehow I reckon that 10 years after the OP and 6 years after the last post that the speech has already been made................
            It was a great speech.

Comment

Working...
            X