Best man speech?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best man speech?

folks, have weddin in few months and am best man, have been lukn on youtube but heard alot of lone liners already, anybody got any good liners or stories that they could pass on? cheers

[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

The one liners and stories are meant to be about the people getting married. Not what some random internet dudes got up to.

I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Make up stories about the bride [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
      The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Worst mistake you can make is to try and focus on yourself too much...after all it's the happy couples day so think, and think again before putting any 'one liners' in.

I remember sitting through a god awful speech a few years ago from a muppet who just googled a load of lines and spouted them out andthat actually ruined the day for everyone!
        \"Does he attract trouble? Put it like this, if total and utter trouble was thunder and lightning, he\'d be on top of the highest mountain in a thunderstorm, wearing wet copper armour shouting \'all Gods are b*****ds\'\"

Comment

Orate the contents of the Pre Nup agreement
          If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Best man for my brothers wedding in august coming not looking forward to the speech the plus it its on in lanzarote!!!.

Comment

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWMVXh-wFs" target="_blank">Try
              this</a>
              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

I always liked the following line - depends on the crowd though - should be addressed directly to the bride and groom: "We should remember that in this day and age 50% of marraiges end in divorce. Then again, the other 50% end in death. Either way we wish ye the very best of luck"

Comment

What about " the groom asked for his outfit to come from Versace, but I think he got confused with Liberace."

Comment

If you think the bride looks fantastic all dressed up, you should see
                    her naked.
                    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                      Marty in the Morning

Comment

Best opening line from a best man I heard was:

"I feel a bit like Elizabeth Taylors 6th husband on their wedding night, I know what to do here but how do I make it interesting"

Just remember that the day is not about you but the happy couple and you'll be grand. Stay off the gargle till afterwards too.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

There's the best man's line from 4 Weddings.... "I was delighted when I heard that &lt;groom's name&gt; was going out with &lt;bride's name&gt; as so many of his previous girlfriends were dogs. Still, it's nice to see so many of them here today."

Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

I think you're allowe to be a little risqué. I've been surprised how
                            straight (and brief) Best Man speeches are in Ireland compared to the
                            (largely rugby club) weddings I've been to here.

One particularly ambitious set piece involved the best man taking a
                            number of door keys and distributing them among friends of the bride
                            before the reception. He then did a bit in his speech about how the
                            groom had been a bit of a ladies' man in his youth and how if anyone
                            still had his front door key now was the time to hand it up. All of her
                            friends came up one by one and put the keys onthe front table,
                            the last to stand up being the Father of the bride. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

www.hitched.co.uk has speeches that have been used in wedding, great job, copy and paste

Comment

Working...
                              X