Hanging is too good for these animals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging is too good for these animals

Just when you think you are having a bad time of it ...you read a story like this ....

<DIV id=news_story>
    <H2>Jail For 'Sadistic Abuse'</H2>
    <DIV id=story_date_stamp>Updated: 16:27, Thursday February 08, 2007</DIV>

A sadistic couple have beenjailed for a total of 22 years for the abuse of their three-year-old disabled daughter.

Middlesex Guildhall Crown Court heard they forced her to sleep naked in a locked toilet during a catalogue of "revolting cruelty".

Samuel Duncan, 27, and 23-year-old Kimberly Harte subjected the child to systematic violence shortly after she was returned to them by social services.

The court heard the terrified youngster, who suffered cerebral palsy and was made to exist on a diet of bread, milk and porridge, was left in excruciating pain by a succession of attacks.

During seven weeks - during which the little girl had her fourth birthday - she was effectively scalped when huge clumps of her hair were ripped from her head.

On another occasion her mother upended a kettle of boiling water over her hands, searing the flesh from her bones and scarring her for life.

The child, who was regularly made to eat her own faeces, was also left with "horrific injuries" after being kicked repeatedly in the groin.

Her agony came to an end only when her grandmother discovered what was going on and called the police.

Duncan got 10-and-a-half years in jail and Harte 11-and-a-half years.

The couple of Maida Vale, west London, first admitted three counts of child cruelty on the basis they failed to seek medical treatment for their daughter.

Then, following a defence during which they blamed each other, they were convicted of three charges of causing grievous bodily harm with intent between February 1 and March 18 this year.</DIV><!- STORY COMP&#079;NENT ENDS -><!- MORE &#079;N THIS STORY STARTS ->
    <DIV id=more_&#111;n_this_story_title></DIV>
    \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

I feel sick reading that. Some people do not deserve the gift of life.

Its a disgrace that the little girl was given back to them by Social Services though.
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

What on earth was going on in these people's minds?

Were these people psychiactrically evaluated? They are clearly insane.

How do two people even get on to the subject of "hey, wanna abuse our handicapped kid?"

Sickening isn't the word for it.
      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

How awful. I see there "she was returned to them by social services". How come, if she'd been considered vulnerable enough to enter the system, that there was no follow-up, because presumably this would have been spotted if there was? [img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
        For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

What ever about hanging they should both be sterilised to ensure that they can never ever have anymore children. What the fe*k was social services doing giving the child back and do they not carry out follow up visits?
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

I feel sick

Comment

"Samuel Duncan, 27, and 23-year-old Kimberly Harte subjected the child to systematic violence shortly after she was returned to them by social services."

That is a pretty shocking indictment of the care system. Why wasn't the issue followed up by social services, having taken the child in the first place they were obviously aware of an inherent risk in leaving her in the care of these people. What if the grandmother hadn't discovered the abusive behaviour?
              "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979

I feel sick reading that. Some people do not deserve the gift of life.

Its a disgrace that the little girl was given back to them by Social Services though.

It seems to be the usual thing with social services here. No doubt there will be yet another inquiry with loads of hand wringing and then back to normal. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have gone to university and got a degree, but it doesn't equip you for life in the real world and it's about time whoever employs social workers realise that.
                There are only two roads, victory for the working class, freedom, or victory for the fascists which means tyranny. Both combatants know what\'s in store for the loser.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

Its a shocking indictment on Mankind let alone the social services ......the key sould have been thrown away at the veryleast .
                  \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Im sure they'll have a lot of fun in jail when the story leaks out.

Comment

I posted that story here early last Sunday, but many people were more interested in some rugby match.

More info here.
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick
                        Im sure they'll have a lot of fun in jail when the story leaks out.

They will probably get compo for stress from the other inmates. Sorry OD did'nt realise it was old news

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
                          What ever about hanging they should both be sterilised to ensure that they can never ever have anymore children. What the fe*k was social services doing giving the child back and do they not carry out follow up visits?

Agreed! My cousin is in the middle of the adoption process and she practically has social workers camped on her doorstep. In preparation for adopting she took a career break todo a childcare courseand is studying child psychology through distance learning. Her huband is a teacher and has worked in a special school with physically and mentally handicapped children. They're both well-educated, sane, upstanding members of the community andhave social workers streaming in and out of their house yet in the school I work in we have a family who seriously need intervention from social services and the psychological services &amp; we can't get them prioritised - it's crazy.
                          Vincit Qui Patitur

Comment

Originally posted by Deise Doll
                            Originally posted by McCloud

Agreed! My cousin is in the middle of the adoption process and she practically has social workers camped on her doorstep. In preparation for adopting she took a career break todo a childcare courseand is studying child psychology through distance learning. Her huband is a teacher and has worked in a special school with physically and mentally handicapped children. They're both well-educated, sane, upstanding members of the community andhave social workers streaming in and out of their house yet in the school I work in we have a family who seriously need intervention from social services and the psychological services &amp; we can't get them prioritised - it's crazy.

Exactly the same with a mate of mine a few years ago. They were adopting a brother and sister from Rochdale Every time the social workers came to Liverpool to visit my mate and his wife, five of them came in one car, then filled in five seperate claims forms to say they had travelled seperately. Nice work if you can get it.
                            There are only two roads, victory for the working class, freedom, or victory for the fascists which means tyranny. Both combatants know what\'s in store for the loser.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

Why do people think that life is a gift? One egg and how many hundreds of millions of tadpoles? Any f**kwit can 'create life' but it takes a huge amount of effort and sacrifice to ensure that the child develops into a fully functioning member of society.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                              X