Irelands Crime Rate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irelands Crime Rate

Have you or your familybeen victims of crimein the last 4 years? (its as a valid a survey as the one in the newspapers)
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%
    matt williams
    0%
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Lets see now, I had my house cleaned out, two motorcycles stolen, a cement mixer stolen and my sister was assaulted. Oh yeah, I also had a rather large chopping knife pulled on me.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Yes. A house i lived in three years ago was broken into on NYE and had a lot of stuff stolen from it.
      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

See my post on the other thread. 5 times in 10 years. But hey! I live in 2007 Ireland, notin la-la land like Bluffian does.
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

seriously you need to move house.the lads i know in moyross,weston and southill havent been victims of as much crime as you!
          g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
          -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
          -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian
            seriously you need to move house.the lads i know in moyross,weston and southill havent been victims of as much crime as you!

And you need to move planet! Although I can quite understand you wishing to remain on Utopia as it seems such a lovely place to reside in.
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The only crime I know of was my neighbours lawnmower being taken 3 years ago. Not saying we live in utopia but have no experience of the crime levels you guys seem to have suffered! poll is deadlocked at the moment though...
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

its called east limerick,and the sun always shine,the birds sing their merry tune.children play idly in the long grass of farmer murphys field,the boys roughousing,and playing hurling and rugby,the young girls picking wild flowers and making daisy chains.doors always unlocked so that friends may walk in and give their news of the day.at night we gather around the fire with friends and family,with the old men telling stories of a by-gone age.before we retire to bed,to be up early with the first sound of the birds,to tend to our well subsidised farms.

tis truely a wonderous place...not like the sh*thole you seem to live in OD.seriously theres loads of land,to build a nice bungalow out our way.i know the local FF councillor,he can fix up planning no bother
                g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                -thomas sowell

Comment

was assaulted the night of the Leicester match 2 weeks ago as i was walking home from the pub ... perhaps naively intervened when i came across a guy hitting his girlfriend (he then tried to knock her down with his car).

Comment

Originally posted by beir bua
                    was assaulted the night of the Leicester match 2 weeks ago as i was walking home from the pub ... perhaps naively intervened when i came across a guy hitting his girlfriend (he then tried to knock her down with his car).
                    Feck, what happened there?!? [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
                    Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                    "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

In the middle of it all i managed to call 999 and he fled, dragged the girl into his car and tore off down the road. Cops arrived 30 minutes later so he needn't have rushed.

Comment

Fair play to you Beir. It's a common factor these days that peopel will no longer step in when they see such a thing happen out of fear of assault. it's not only a beating you could end up with these days. Happened a mate of mine last year. Similarly to yourself, a fella was beating up on his girl and my mate stepped in. next thing you know, yer man and three of his mates who'd been standing there watching all jumped him and beat the s**t out of him.
                        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Can't vote as i don't want to mess up your poll. Only memory of crime in the last 4 years was my girlfriends mobile being stolen when we were full. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] So its a hazy memory
                          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Yup, was mugged as I was walking out the Ballinacurra Road about 4 years ago.
                            Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
                            Munster: Early Season
                            Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
                            Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
                            Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Yes,2 or 3 times a yearat work.
                              Vincit Qui Patitur

Comment

Working...
                              X