Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone hear this?

On Joeeee Duffeeeeee earlier today.

Joe Duffy talks to Damien who crashed on the Phibbsboro Road in Dublin. He crashed into five parked cars and was very lucky not to lose his life. It turned out that he had an as yet undiagnosed brain tumour. Ted one of the unlucky car owners says that he has received a letter from Allianz telling him to contact his own insurance as they will not be paying his claim do the fact that Damien had a brain tumour and as such was not responsible for the accident.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

I didn't hear it but....

I do know a little about this area. Allianz, regardless of the state of
    their unfortunate customers health, are still liable for any 3rd party
    damages I think.

Comment

Insurance companies = scum,

I have a friend that works for admiral and she openly admits they try everything in their power not to pay out. i think they get bonuses for that type of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
        I didn't hear it but....

I do know a little about this area. Allianz, regardless of the state of their unfortunate customers health, are still liable for any 3rd party damages I think.

Insurance companies can rule against their clients wishes Dermot. A fella hit me once in front of 2 witnesses. He admitted fault in front of them and I didn't bother with the Gardai. Later he retractedblame but I got statements from the witnesses and send them off to your mans insurance company via my solicitor and I got a cheque promto off his insurance company.

The guy was a clown and played it all wrong which didn't help his cause.

Comment

The clients wishes have little to do with ultimate liability and settlement of 3rd party damages WR.

Comment

When will the podcast be available for today's liveline show so I can have a listen???

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

On Joeeee Duffeeeeee earlier today.

Joe Duffy talks to Damien who crashed on the Phibbsboro Road in Dublin. He crashed into five parked cars and was very lucky not to lose his life. It turned out that he had an as yet undiagnosed brain tumour. Ted one of the unlucky car owners says that he has received a letter from Allianz telling him to contact his own insurance as they will not be paying his claim do the fact that Damien had a brain tumour and as such was not responsible for the accident.

But if he had done it deliberately or while pissed they'd have paid up immediately. He should say he's handing it over to a solicitor.

PS. What are you doing listening to Joe Duffy during working hours?
              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

I wasn't - I got thesynopsis posted above from a news monitoring service that we sometimes buy transcripts from.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I wasn't - I got thesynopsis posted above from a news monitoring service that we sometimes buy transcripts from.

Good answer. Now,why were you readingtranscripts of the Joe Duffy show from a news monitoring service during working hours? Is it true then that you guys do get all your ideas from JD?

Comment

Good answer. Now,why were you readingtranscripts of the Joe Duffy show from a news monitoring service during working hours?

Is it true then that you guys do get all your ideas from JD?

Because the alternatives werereading either Munsterfans.com posts or the (very dry) documentation for a court case that I'maprosecution witnessin, tomorrow and I like to vary my reading material!

As for Joe Duffy, I can guarantee you that he has a significant listenership among politicians because his show tends to reflect very accurately what the housewife is thinking. (Remember McDowell's complete volte-face about the need for amending legislation when that rapist was released last summer? That was a Duffy special.)

Comment

Joe is a bit of an oul woman but he does have his moments. IMHO his finest hour was the exposing of the scam on the people who were being compensated for the abuse in the Institutions. To hear of gobs**te solicitors who were caught redhanded putting refund cheques through peoples letterboxes at the weekend gave me quite a lift. They took money which they weren't entitled to (don't want to use the obvious word) but did they feel the rigour of the law? That law is only for the little people.

Comment

On Joeeee Duffeeeeee* earlier today.

Joe Duffy talks to Damien who crashed on the Phibbsboro Road in
                        Dublin. He crashed into five parked cars and was very lucky not to
                        lose his life. It turned out that he had an as yet undiagnosed brain
                        tumour. Ted one of the unlucky car owners says that he has received
                        a letter from Allianz telling him to contact his own insurance as they
                        will not be paying his claim do the fact that Damien had a brain
                        tumour and as such was not responsible for the accident.

They played some clips from that show on morning Ireland this
                        morning. An Alzheimers ward in the James Connolly Memorial
                        Hospital hasn't had hot water for a month. Familys have had to wash
                        their loved ones using buckets of hot water brought in from other
                        wards. Added to that, there is a problem with the electricity supply
                        there as well.

One of the women who was on the show said that the family had
                        spent a month going through the 'proper channels' to try and get the
                        situation rectified. Joe was her last resort. Apparently the situation
                        will be resolved today, after they had initially said it had been
                        resolved yesterday afternoon.

The hospital management said that they are in the process of
                        building a new, dedicated ward for Alzheimer's patients, and the
                        building work have impacted on the current ward. How hard is it to
                        project manage something so that current facilities don't suffer from
                        a drop?

What kind of health service is it when on Joe bloody Duffy can get
                        appalling situations rectified? How much more concerned about
                        image and bad publicity are these hospitals rather than patient care,
                        when for a month, the family of a patient being treated appallingly
                        can be ignored and given the run-around and Joe gets on the case
                        and the next day the problem is solved?

This isn't the only time that Joe has had to step in an highlight a
                        shocking case of mis-management and patient neglect to try and get
                        it sorted. It sickens me.

Comment

You can only claim on someone elses insurance if the accident was their fault.

Because the man can not he held responsible for a brain tumour he had no awareness of, he cannot be held liable. It's the same if a driver has a heart attack and hits another car.

I think it's the only circumstance under which you are not held liable.

Comment

What if someone falls asleep at the wheel and crashes into others.........can they claim thatthey suffer from narcolepsy?

Comment

Working...
                            X