No announcement yet.

Last Night on TV I watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished watching The Bridge. Another excellent Nordic Noir series. Season 2 is supposed to be broadcast in Denmark this weekend. I'd download it but there'll be no sub-titles and the old Danish I know after watching Borgen is "hi hi".
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Anyone fancy watching the last ever episode in a graveyard? If so, clickee the linkee.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Watchin 'Boss' Kelsey Grammar- excellent show- dunno if it's been shown outside US. Frasier is Mayor of Chicago . It's the West Wing without the bull****.I've asked you before: do you know who the **** I am? Right now, in this moment, I am the angel of ****ing death for you. And the next few minutes are going to feel like perdition itself if you don't tell me what I need to know. Nod. You want to play. Let's ****in' play. How small, how pedestrian, how ****ing cheap: do you understand how little your petty act of defiance even registers? And to what end? To make your mundane, inconsequential life mean something? You want to feel, is that it? Feel needed, worth it? You want to ****ing matter? You don't. You don't ****ing matter. Whatever station you occupy, others have given you. It's those of us who make things who matter. And you know this: that's your burden. And forever, no matter how hard you work, how many futile sacrifices you make, how deeply you commit, you know it will always be another's hand that feeds you. Because that's what you are, that's what you'll always be: dependent. And now you have designs on what? Shifting your dependency? How numbingly predictable. Go ahead. But before you walk out of this room, I want names."

Just a flavour
        Last edited by Eamo; 22-September-2013, 01:42.
        I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
        HL Mencken

Comment

On episode 3 of under the dome. Struggling to even watch the end of this episode. Can't believe the ratings on this show
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Yeah HR I was disappointed after enjoying the first two episodes. They showed some promise but it dropped markedly in episode 3. They have commissioned a second series in the US nonetheless
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

London Irish....

Apparently written by Chris O'Dowd....

Possibly one of the worst most stereotyped pieces of telly I've seen in years. Awful ****eology.
              "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Agree, we tried to give it a chance but gave up after less than ten minutes. Woeful stuff.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                  Yeah HR I was disappointed after enjoying the first two episodes. They showed some promise but it dropped markedly in episode 3. They have commissioned a second series in the US nonetheless
                  Over 10million viewers for all but one episode so no surprise. I might give it one more episode but given how much Good tv I have yet to watch I think I'll cut it
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                    Over 10million viewers for all but one episode so no surprise. I might give it one more episode but given how much Good tv I have yet to watch I think I'll cut it
                    Moi aussi.

I read the book (only last year as it turns out) so the characters and the story are too fresh for me. Plus, the casting is all wrong, IMO. Hank is not cutting it as the bad boy councilman. His far-too-hunky son is a right sleazebag in the book. One thing that Stephen King is good at is telling stories, but they tend to be quite involved and convoluted, with lots of characters. Perhaps too much for a TV mini-series.

And Season 2? Seriously? They must have gone off script so!

I am enjoying Ray Donovan though, even though I didn't see such great reviews about it. Jon Voight is great! Completely unlikeable but you can see his hold over the sons and his charisma.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

On the Dome:
                      On June 27, 2013, Stephen King acknowledged that "the TV version of Under the Dome varies considerably from the book version", and called the series "very good" while commenting on some of those differences:
                      [If] you look closely, you’ll see that most of my characters are still there, although some have been combined and others have changed jobs. That’s also true of the big stuff, like the supermarket riot, the reason for all that propane storage, and the book’s thematic concerns with diminishing resources. Many of the changes wrought by the team of writers have been of necessity, and I approved of them wholeheartedly. Some have been occasioned by their plan to keep the Dome in place over Chester’s Mill for months instead of little more than a week, as is the case in the book. Other story modifications are slotting into place because the writers have completely re-imagined the source of the Dome
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Thanks WL, explains a lot... And another reason why I won't be watching it! Trying to *improve" on SK! Pah! :_****happens__rvmp_
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

No spoilers please but has anyone seen the last episode of BB yet? I'm in Europe and don't have access to my Netflix till next Sunday ... It's going to be a loooonnngg week
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

My suggestion is to avoid any thread that could even potentially mention the last episode. You don't want to run the risk of finding out how it all ends. Can't wait to watch it this evening when I get home.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i thought it was great the way it ended, how Walt is placed in a witness protection programme and changes his name to Hal marries Lois and has 4 boys, Francis, Reese, Malcom & Dewey
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                                Marvel Agents of Shield looks promising though
                                it certainly does.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chloe-Bennet-shield.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	2477959
                                He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X