X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• munstershane
    replied
    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    I started season one of Ozark last night and it is off to a flyer. It will take a while getting used to Jason Bateman in a serious role but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    Ozark is brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    I started season one of Ozark last night and it is off to a flyer. It will take a while getting used to Jason Bateman in a serious role but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Watched all of it. Not sure I'd have kept at it but the Mrs liked it. Decent but similarly surprised at the extent of the fandom

Leave a comment:

• Jenta
    replied
    Anyone try Money Heist (Spanish heist drama) on Netflix at any stage? Watched 4 or 5 episodes and abandoned it. Genuinely can't understand the enormous hype for something so badly written. Acting is decent mind.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Ready player one What a fantastic pop culture jammed piece of entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    Watched the Munster all blacks game other night. Would have been some win :(

Strings and Barry murphy. Still gets the heart racing

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Originally posted by acskerries View Post
    oh I do enjoy watching these random old matches RTE shows since lockdown. 2006 England v Ireland now. Lovely to see our Munster (and Irish) legends when they had full heads of hair.... except for Johnnie O'Connor of course, he looked as hard as nails
    They didn't call him "Johnny O Concrete" for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• acskerries
    replied
    great stuff Shaggy that last gasp try...still makes the heart race.

Leave a comment:

• acskerries
    replied
    oh I do enjoy watching these random old matches RTE shows since lockdown. 2006 England v Ireland now. Lovely to see our Munster (and Irish) legends when they had full heads of hair.... except for Johnnie O'Connor of course, he looked as hard as nails

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    If anyone is even an occasional watcher of Legends of Tomorrow, be sure to watch the one Where We're Trapped on TV. Penultimate episode of this season and a parody of dystopian world and star trek TOS and a kids show and friends and downton abbey. It is as always unapologetically over the top.

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    Just started watching 'Godfather of Harlem' on rte 2 tonight (ep 1 of 10) , verdict: absolutely top class!!

Leave a comment:

• B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
    The Last Dance doc on Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls on Netflix was a good watch. hops around a bit too much at times through the years but really interesting
    Loved it. Basketball was a massive craze in Kerry in the 90's, everyone was a bulls fan. It's interesting to watch the mindset of these elite players like Jordan, Roy Keane is similar in soccer maybe without the talent Jordan had, Kelly Slater in surfing, but it was win at all costs and fu#k the collateral damage. I wound up feeling sorry for Jordan. It looked like a joyless life he had in the pursuit of perfection. He was an absolute freak though, even if you knew nothing about basketball, you'd still have to sit back and admire his athletic ability.
    Last edited by B.A.; 23-June-2020, 17:20.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    The Last Dance doc on Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls on Netflix was a good watch. hops around a bit too much at times through the years but really interesting

Leave a comment:

• anthonyl
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
    My reading rate is pretty atrocious these days. I did manage the three body trilogy last year and recently started ancillary justice which is first of a series. But I'll have a look and put them in my wish list. I badly need to cut down my screen time scrolling through nothing
    I'm in the same boat myself, my difference, youtube watching (game playthroughs especially), black holes for time. Have a dirty habit of starting books and then abandoning them if not hooked. However I'm glad to say I recently bought the first of the Troy trilogy by David Gemmell and am really enjoying them, easy to read and a good twist on the whole Troy story.

Leave a comment:

• Hugged Rugger
    replied
    My reading rate is pretty atrocious these days. I did manage the three body trilogy last year and recently started ancillary justice which is first of a series. But I'll have a look and put them in my wish list. I badly need to cut down my screen time scrolling through nothing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X