X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rory Best is something else in FAUDA
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Starting t believe that 'Munich' is one of the finest and most thoughtful movies ever made, And a cracker of a thriller.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2021.

Comment

A week ago, I was about to watch the last episode of series 2 of the German series Dark on Netflix. If you had asked me then, I would have said it's in the top 5, maybe even top 3 Netflix series ever. The first two seasons are pretty complex, thought-provoking, and about as nihilistic as I've ever seen on TV. The cinematography is absolutely astounding at times.

However, for some reason that I cannot figure out, they dropped an outrageous deus ex machina into the end of season 2. Consequently, series 3 is just up it's own arse, and gets a bit ridiculous at times.

Overall, definitely worth a watch - maybe just avoid series 3.

(Also for some reason Netflix defaults to the dubbed version - obviously, the original German version with subtitles is the way to watch it).
        Last edited by fitzy73; 14-August-2020, 22:55.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
          Starting t believe that 'Munich' is one of the finest and most thoughtful movies ever made, And a cracker of a thriller.
          A great film but it's heavy going.

Comment

Anyone ever watch Supernatural? it appeared on Amazon.... 15 seasons, gotta be decent..
            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I got rid of Sky - sh1te TV - and got an Eir bundle. Fibre connection is amazing - download speed is X 200 what I had previously. TV is pretty cr@p though at least I've got Eirsports and can watch the rugby.....

Comment

I'm half way through The Morning Show on Apple Tv and I'm really enjoying it. Jennifer Aniston plays a brilliant part in it.
                He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Umbre (Shadows) Romanian gangster series on Amazon Prime. Watched Season 1 liked it, Season 2 (two episodes in) is even better.
                  The quality of the directing, acting, writing, is stunning. And it succeeds in saying universal things from a very specific setting. The casual misogyny would not be allowed on American TV but its seems authentic for the place and people

Comment

Anyone started watching Ridley Scott's new series Raised by Wolves? I'm thinking of giving it a go?
                    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Watched Ramy on StarzPlay recently. Hilarious at times, especially the episodes with Uncle Naseem in them.

Comment

Originally posted by KerryFan View Post
                        A great film but it's heavy going.
                        I felt it never quite explained how the hunters started becoming the hunted .......but v good and from my memory captured sense how Israeli/Palestinan conflict was generally always on the News in the 70s along with 'The Troubles'
                        "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Working...
                        X