Last Night on TV I watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
    The second and final part of Burned by the Sun scheduled for tonight on RTÉ has been replaced by Clare Byrne Live, brought forward and a tribute to Terry Wogan.

It dealt with the rake of property deals in the late noughties that went belly up.

Did our learned friends get involved?
    Looks like it, doesn't it!?

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

I’ve watched all of Normal People with the wife- I think it’s a beautiful piece of TV and two standout performances from young actors, and a marvellous adaptation of the book.

Comment

Ire 3 USSR 0 was good craic on RTE 2 last night. 1974 I think. Roche Holmes Mancini KinnearTreacy Giles Brady Heighway Givens ...
        No sign of Eamon Dunphy.
        Blokhin playing on a brutal USSR team.
        Dalymount Park looked like a disaster-in-waiting
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Yes, I was there that day.

​​​​​​​Between the crush getting in and out and the crowd on the roof at the School end, it was a miracle no one was killed.

Comment

Started on the Harley Quinn cartoon. Not even finished first episode but im already sold on it. Not a kids cartoon!
            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post

Looks like it, doesn't it!?
              The second part of Burned by the Sun is on tomorrow after all....

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                Yes, I was there that day.

Between the crush getting in and out and the crowd on the roof at the School end, it was a miracle no one was killed.
                And the post-match crush was still going strong in Phibsboro nine years later, the night the Maltesers were sent packing 8-0
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Hope you've read the books? TV series is good, books are excellent
                  Would the expanse books be still worth reading after watching TV show for a few years?
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Salisbury Poisonings - compulsive watching - Anne-Marie Duff is one superb actress and rest of cast are also excellent
                    "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post

Would the expanse books be still worth reading after watching TV show for a few years?
                      YES, a thousand times yes.
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Get them, you like the show, you'll love the books

Comment

My reading rate is pretty atrocious these days. I did manage the three body trilogy last year and recently started ancillary justice which is first of a series. But I'll have a look and put them in my wish list. I badly need to cut down my screen time scrolling through nothing

Comment

My reading rate is pretty atrocious these days. I did manage the three body trilogy last year and recently started ancillary justice which is first of a series. But I'll have a look and put them in my wish list. I badly need to cut down my screen time scrolling through nothing
                            I'm in the same boat myself, my difference, youtube watching (game playthroughs especially), black holes for time. Have a dirty habit of starting books and then abandoning them if not hooked. However I'm glad to say I recently bought the first of the Troy trilogy by David Gemmell and am really enjoying them, easy to read and a good twist on the whole Troy story.

Comment

The Last Dance doc on Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls on Netflix was a good watch. hops around a bit too much at times through the years but really interesting

Comment

The Last Dance doc on Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls on Netflix was a good watch. hops around a bit too much at times through the years but really interesting
                                Loved it. Basketball was a massive craze in Kerry in the 90's, everyone was a bulls fan. It's interesting to watch the mindset of these elite players like Jordan, Roy Keane is similar in soccer maybe without the talent Jordan had, Kelly Slater in surfing, but it was win at all costs and fu#k the collateral damage. I wound up feeling sorry for Jordan. It looked like a joyless life he had in the pursuit of perfection. He was an absolute freak though, even if you knew nothing about basketball, you'd still have to sit back and admire his athletic ability.
                                Last edited by B.A.; 23-June-2020, 17:20.
                                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                                X