No announcement yet.

Last Night on TV I watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it worth watching s2 to get to it? i was quite happy with s1 as a standalone series if it had been left there so never go to s2
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

The obsession on RTÉ with getting a pun or similar play on words into news reports crossed the line tonight IMO.

At the end of a recorded report on the missing young Lady in Malaysia, the reporter said "as the sun goes down......the family are still in the dark on what happened to their daughter."

It's one thing trying that in a lighthearted report but I think this was in very poor taste.

The report was first aired on the 6:01 News and was repeated at nine.

Comment

Yep. There's a fine line and that was too flippant You can see them in the canteen fulminating about their expertise re Malaysian hotel cuisine and raiding the hotel room bar. "Did yiz hear dat wan I slipped in about the sun going down and youzer wans still in the dark? I did it with me innocent face loilke I knew nothing. Oh yah, Oil be getting a call from Sky news any day"

Comment

Ertugrul..series 5

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Anyone else watch Mercenary, French movie on Netflix about the beloved sport that is rugby.
            Well worth a goo
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

The BBC Documentary by Mandy McAuley Spotlight on the Troubles: A Secret History has been excellent TV if still so disturbing - even 20-30 years after the events

The operatives of MilitaryIntelligence (FRU) and Security Service Mi5 to thwart investigations (ie Stevens etc) into collusion make many fictional deep state dramas look amateurish

The level DUP were in bed with armed militants has also been forgotten or not as well understood.
              "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Originally posted by SkullinPints View Post
                The BBC Documentary by Mandy McAuley Spotlight on the Troubles: A Secret History has been excellent TV if still so disturbing - even 20-30 years after the events

The operatives of MilitaryIntelligence (FRU) and Security Service Mi5 to thwart investigations (ie Stevens etc) into collusion make many fictional deep state dramas look amateurish

The level DUP were in bed with armed militants has also been forgotten or not as well understood.
                Just finished the series last night.

Pretty eye opening. I'd always known abut the "shoot to kill" policy, but some of the blatant targeting of family members of republicans was shocking. It was as clear as a bell that this was either facilitated by or in some cases directed by British intelligence / army / RUC.

A big revelation for me was that the DUP's Emma Pengelly is the daughter of Noel Little, the guy who basically armed Ulster Resistance. Makes an absolute mockery of the Tories about "terrorist sympathiser" at Corbyn.

If you have access to the BBC IPlayer (NordVPN is good from Ireland) it's well worth a watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...secret-history
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Mandalorian, excellent, effects and characters up their with movies
                  psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by treatycity1 View Post
                    Mandalorian, excellent, effects and characters up their with movies
                    What's it on?
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Treatyciity obviously lives in Netherlands or us/Canada because that's only places you can legally watch currently on Disney+

(I'm enjoying it so far )
                      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

What's it on?
                        The new Disney streaming service. Only available in America so you'd have to be a very naughty boy to watch it this side of the Atlantic before April.
                        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                        X