No announcement yet.

Last Night on TV I watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who likes Hitchcock movies will absolutely love Julia Roberts new TV series Homecoming. We are three episodes in and it's brilliant

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...s-of-hitchcock
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post

Have you ever seen American Sniper? Or True Crime? Or J Edgar? Or Jersey Boys?

In fairness he's got a great hit rate with some classics and a few bombs.

American Sniper is one of the worst monies I've ever seen though.
      Nope, I haven't seen any of those, thankfully, by the sounds of things. I have seen about 5or 6 other movies he directed &/or produced, and they are all class imho.

i guess I was lucky in the ones I picked ;)

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

watching in the line of duty. I realise I'm behind the times, but very enjoyable so far.
        Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Yeah it’s a good series
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Anyone watch the new RTE show "Taken Down"? It's by the Love/Hate people & has Brian Gleeson in it, seems good for a first episode. I was a big LH fan so willing to invest in it for a few episodes anyway.

Comment

Almost finished the Terror
              https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-terror

No idea where you can get it in Ireland (I started it on a United flight and then streamed it from Amazon)

Seriously good stuff. Not sure they needed to fictionalize it with a "beast": its pretty horrifying on its own merits. Jared Harris is superb as are all the actors, one of those ones you dont want to end.

They are making a second series but for obvious reasons the charactors, actors and settings willl all be different

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post
                Almost finished the Terror
                https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-terror

No idea where you can get it in Ireland (I started it on a United flight and then streamed it from Amazon)

Seriously good stuff. Not sure they needed to fictionalize it with a "beast": its pretty horrifying on its own merits. Jared Harris is superb as are all the actors, one of those ones you dont want to end.

They are making a second series but for obvious reasons the charactors, actors and settings willl all be different
                Really, really good series.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Just finished watching Peter Jackson's documentary on WW1, They Shall Not Grow Old. Incredible, one of the best war doc's I've ever seen. The restored footage is mind blowing. The whole thing is narrated by soldiers themselves through audio recordings. Really poignant, sad and yet uplifting at times.

Comment

Jesus some of the acting in taken down is terrible. The blonde from love hate could not be more wooden if she tried. Its a shame given how good love hate was.

Comment

I'm a big Coen Brothers fan and I've got to say the Ballad of Buster Scruggs is one of their finest works.

The Tom Waits story is enthralling, the Neeson story heartbreaking, the Franco story cannot contain his comedic tendencies.

The whole thing is just really really well together, an amazing tribute to the Wild West and Westerns
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Watching Episode 2 of Series 2 of Mercedes Man. The Brendan Gleeson character puts on a record and the first track is "till the morning comes" by Neil Young.

​​​​​​The thing is, that track is the last track on the first side of "After the Goldrush" not the first track.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                          Watching Episode 2 of Series 2 of Mercedes Man. The Brendan Gleeson character puts on a record and the first track is "till the morning comes" by Neil Young.

​​​​​​The thing is, that track is the last track on the first side of "After the Goldrush" not the first track.
                          That's a major blooper alright. No excuse for it.
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                            I'm a big Coen Brothers fan and I've got to say the Ballad of Buster Scruggs is one of their finest works.

The Tom Waits story is enthralling, the Neeson story heartbreaking, the Franco story cannot contain his comedic tendencies.

The whole thing is just really really well together, an amazing tribute to the Wild West and Westerns
                            Agree. Excellent stuff. Based on your comments, you also might find this interesting

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidip...shorts-ranked/

Comment

Pom on the late late show for anyone interested
                              Still there's a light I hold before me
                              You're the measure of my dreams
                              The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Daredevil season 3 is fantastic
                                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                                X