No announcement yet.

Last Night on TV I watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Evelyn Cusack lands the top job in the met service.
    Well blow me over with a feather.
    Wonder if it was a buggins' turn or as winner of a competitive appointment process.

Comment

Wednesday night rugby on off the ball might be worth a listen tonight. Starts in half an hour.

Comment

Coming up at 9pm on BBC1 is a programme that looks like it'll be interesting. "My Dad, the Peace Deal and Me" is presented by Patrick Kielty, whose father was murdered by loyalists in 1989, looking back at the Good Friday Agreement and the way people's attitudes in NI have become more entrenched in more recent years. Kielty voted for the Agreement knowing that it would mean his father's killers would be released from jail.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Cunk on Britain.

"Why was John Major known as the prince of onions?"
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            Coming up at 9pm on BBC1 is a programme that looks like it'll be interesting. "My Dad, the Peace Deal and Me" is presented by Patrick Kielty, whose father was murdered by loyalists in 1989, looking back at the Good Friday Agreement and the way people's attitudes in NI have become more entrenched in more recent years. Kielty voted for the Agreement knowing that it would mean his father's killers would be released from jail.
            A good watch, though at times I felt it was more aimed at the GB audience.

I completely understand why it was done, but to this day I'm still unsure about the prisoner release.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
              A good watch, though at times I felt it was more aimed at the GB audience.

I completely understand why it was done, but to this day I'm still unsure about the prisoner release.
              Most Irish people don't have to be told what happened. I was never a massive fan of Kielty but he came off very very well on it I thought.

Re: the prisoner release they had to if they were recognising them as political prisoners. I feel while it was/is hard to bear it was worthwhile.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone watch Seven Seconds? I had read some reviews which said it was overwritten, too long, poorly edited, and ultimately too political.

I actually agree with most of that, but still really enjoyed it. Netflix does allow characters time to get developed (even if “overwritten”) and this series benefits from it.

At the finish, the characters and story stayed with me. Recommended.

Note: the episodes aren’t all the same length, in particular the finale. Allow enough time.
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Great stuff on Netflix. Thinking of getting rid of sky and having a saorview box and netflix. We watch very little else whilst paying daft money for sky.

Comment

Season 2 of High Maintenance started on Sky Atlantic(?) last night. One of my favourite shows, so understated and so good at painting little portraits of characters which can be by turn beautiful, or comical, or wistful. There was one brief moment in last night's show in which a character suddenly realises something quite important - the way it was done was absolutely spot-on and I'm still chuckling to myself about it. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I'm really enjoying The Expanse on Netflix. The first few episodes were a bit confusing, but I'm glad I stuck with it. It's everything Altered Carbon isn't - good writing, good acting and plot lines that make sense.

Belta lik pashang!
                      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                        I'm really enjoying The Expanse on Netflix. The first few episodes were a bit confusing, but I'm glad I stuck with it. It's everything Altered Carbon isn't - good writing, good acting and plot lines that make sense.

Belta lik pashang!
                        great show, 2 to watch of season two this weekend then the wait for season three. i started it last year sometime but didnt stick it so started again this year and really enjoyed it.
                        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                          great show, 2 to watch of season two this weekend then the wait for season three. i started it last year sometime but didnt stick it so started again this year and really enjoyed it.
                          Season 3 started last night on Syfy.

As others have said, the books are excellent! they really rock along at a high tempo
                          I am the million man.

Comment

sci fi in europe? knew they were going to be on us alright
                            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by rua13 View Post
                              Great stuff on Netflix. Thinking of getting rid of sky and having a saorview box and netflix. We watch very little else whilst paying daft money for sky.
                              If you are prepared to do that but are unsure..see how low Sky will go. I was thinking of doing the same and rang to cancel sky..at the very last moment they offered me it for about 20 euro basic package.

Comment

Really depends on who you get on the other end of the phone. Few years ago nearly got them down to half what i was paying , rang a year later re the sports and the chap tells me that has now been removed without any counter offer to reduce price.

Love the bit where they put you on hold to "check" if reduced price is ok. Pretty sure they put you on hold do nothing and pick phone back up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X