No announcement yet.

Last Night on TV I watched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few pages back I recommended 'the leftovers', a hbo series. Finished it off the other day. It's absolutely fantastic. Season 1 is slightly heavy going, in the sense that it's quite depressing, but that's not entirely surprising in a show about how people cope with grief and loss. The second and third seasons on the other hand are spectacular. I really really can't say enough good things about this series.
    \"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.\" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
      Anyone watched altered carbon yet on Netflix ?
      I've watched it and I enjoyed it. It's a bit slow in spots but the last couple of episodes are a hoot.

There are far worse things on Netflix. Have a read of the gruaniad review and one or two others.

It's worth investigating, don't expect true detective or blade runner, it's closer to showy indulgent scifi than thriller tension
      I am the million man.

Comment

Just started the good place on the Netflix, pretty funny so far. Ted Danson always good
        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
          Just started the good place on the Netflix, pretty funny so far. Ted Danson always good
          Are you forking kidding me?

On series 2. It's a hoot.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Watched the 1st few episodes of The Colony, shaping up to be good enough to pass away an evening with bottle of wine and takeaway.

Comment

Some great recommendations on here. Can I ask that people add where they watched the programme/recommendation please? There are so many platforms now, it'd be great to know it's on Netflix or Amazon or RTE, etc.

Thanks!
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Maltese - Il Romanzo del Commissario is on CH4 (can you get that on catchup in Ireland?). From the writers of the incredible Gomorrah, it's a slower paced series but so far so good.
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Just watched episode 1.

There's something about PJ Gallagher that makes him hilarious even when he's just sitting in a chair.

He has this manic energy, he's a space cadet
                  Gallagher is actually a different character in the young offenders film. He plays a very creepy psycho with a penchant for nail guns.
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                    Maltese - Il Romanzo del Commissario is on CH4 (can you get that on catchup in Ireland?). From the writers of the incredible Gomorrah, it's a slower paced series but so far so good.
                    The 1st episode is on All4 (on my Skybox) but no other episodes are available, pity as i enjoyed the first one.

Comment

counterpart looks very good

Comment

some good docus on here https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...mentary_youve/

also mubi.com has a different movie every night , max of 30 available at any one time. yearly subscription is 30 euros if i remember correctly. i watch it on the android. i'm sure they have apps for smart tv and ios

Comment

Not sure if any watching The Blacklist with James Spader et al, I stuck with it and last night S05E08 "Ihe an Garvey" episode was fairly intense :- no spoiler for those who watch but brilliant use of music with Crosby Stills and Nash "Southern Cross" still going through my head today - Sound Of Silence also used (though I thought it was perhaps a bit obvious for the scene in question)
                          "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Jaysus into season 5. Didn't realise was that far along. I watched season 1 and either half 2 or 2 and half 3. Lost interest then even though I like Spader a lot.
                            Last edited by Hugged Rugger; 23-February-2018, 22:07.
                            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

On BBC player or available to Torrent I would highly recommend Two Doors Down

It's a bit like the Royal Family only shot in Scotland

Very very very funny comedy and they're nearly through their third series
                              I am the million man.

Comment

The Deuce.

2 episodes in and its a great show. Top quality as you would expect from David Simon, grows and grows.

Thats said if you don’t like James Franco stay away from it, because there is two of them.
                                Last edited by lawrence; 28-February-2018, 22:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X