Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Night on TV I watched

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    Thanks for that, hadn't heard about it. I'll give it a go. I'm watching silicon valley at the moment and loving it.
    Lemme know what you make of it anyway
    I am the million man.

    Comment


      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

      Comment


        Things I have loved this year 1992 (on Sky Arts), Ray Donovan, The Affair, Scandal, Mad Men and Empire.

        I've just finished Cordon, absolutely bonkers but I loved it. I have tried to watch True Detective but I'm not a fan.
        "Why am I so rubbish at life?" Quote from a Saints fan in Shannon Airport 11/04/2010

        Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life :-)

        Comment


          True Detective is brilliant.

          Comment


            episode 6 of Mr Robot best episode so far. Very strong new drama for non cable US
            I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
            HL Mencken

            Comment


              So good when she told him he couldn't act for ****.
              I am the million man.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                So good when she told him he couldn't act for ****.
                I lol'd.....for quite a while
                "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

                Comment


                  For those of you who have completed Treu Detective S2 I would offer this to read:

                  http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...tation/400868/

                  My thoughts after it ended were that Pizzolatto really only had about 3 episodes of rock solid storyline and plumped and fluffed that into almost 9&1/2 hours of TV show (you could nearly watch episodes 7&8 only and miss absolutely nothing from the entire storyline IMO).

                  There was more exposition and 1000 yard staring than anything in this series, however the article linked makes a much better job of airing my grievances, as a taster:

                  I do think Pizzolatto was aiming to essay some grand tale of the dark heart of Californian bureaucracy, surreptitious land grabs, and misused government money, but it was told entirely in the footnotes. That’s True Detective season two: Some hackneyed personal melodrama, and to find out the rest of the plot, please consult the appendices. Mr. Pizzolatto, if you’re considering producing a third season, may I suggest a slightly slimmer volume next time? Just a couple of gumshoes, a real villain with actual motivations, and an atmospheric setting. The rest takes care of itself.


                  Last edited by Cowboy; 12-August-2015, 11:24.
                  I am the million man.

                  Comment


                    Anyone watched Sense8? Hearing good things. Is it worth my valuable time?
                    Premise seems interesting. I'm debating between trying that and Mr Robot once I finish Orange is the new black.

                    Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                      Anyone watched Sense8? Hearing good things. Is it worth my valuable time?
                      Premise seems interesting. I'm debating between trying that and Mr Robot once I finish Orange is the new black.
                      I've spent the last month waiting for Thursdays so i can see the next Mr Robot. Last weeks episode was a small bit looser than the previous 6 or 7, but there is nothing as slick on TV at the moment IMO.

                      Storyline, dialogue, music and cinematography all superb. I cant determine whether its how it looks or something else makes it so original.

                      Slater does restrained lunatic brilliantly
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        For those of you who have completed Treu Detective S2 I would offer this to read:

                        http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...tation/400868/

                        My thoughts after it ended were that Pizzolatto really only had about 3 episodes of rock solid storyline and plumped and fluffed that into almost 9&1/2 hours of TV show (you could nearly watch episodes 7&8 only and miss absolutely nothing from the entire storyline IMO).

                        There was more exposition and 1000 yard staring than anything in this series, however the article linked makes a much better job of airing my grievances, as a taster:

                        I do think Pizzolatto was aiming to essay some grand tale of the dark heart of Californian bureaucracy, surreptitious land grabs, and misused government money, but it was told entirely in the footnotes. That’s True Detective season two: Some hackneyed personal melodrama, and to find out the rest of the plot, please consult the appendices. Mr. Pizzolatto, if you’re considering producing a third season, may I suggest a slightly slimmer volume next time? Just a couple of gumshoes, a real villain with actual motivations, and an atmospheric setting. The rest takes care of itself.


                        The opening scene of the last episode summed it up for me.

                        A pointless scene of (as it is so well described in your quote) of pure and utter 'melodrama'. Actors mumbling through their dialogue.

                        It was a feature of the entire series which seemed more concerned with setting a mood and a tone than it did with any actual story telling.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by CorcĂ­och View Post
                          The opening scene of the last episode summed it up for me.

                          A pointless scene of (as it is so well described in your quote) of pure and utter 'melodrama'. Actors mumbling through their dialogue.

                          It was a feature of the entire series which seemed more concerned with setting a mood and a tone than it did with any actual story telling.
                          When they chose that location for season 1 you could see the logic at work, it appeared a vast and lawless place where weird **** could happen and nobody would notice nor discover it. Voodoo country, everyone hammered drunk and lazy, incest.

                          Flip to season 2, California, some western home to 'big industry' with countless aerial shots of Aughinish (meant to signify the heartless evilness of 'big industry'?) and the whole story revolved around a feckin railway track?? Tenuous links to Hollywood, Vegas, and Mehikoo but none of it felt tied together nor really necessary.

                          Series would have been 10X better if he'd been forced to shoehorn it into 3-4 hours.
                          I am the million man.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                            Anyone watched Sense8? Hearing good things. Is it worth my valuable time?
                            Premise seems interesting. I'm debating between trying that and Mr Robot once I finish Orange is the new black.
                            Sense8 is a good tv. It a very slow burner, as they spend an awful lot of time on character development, but it was an interesting watch.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Drick View Post
                              Sense8 is a good tv. It a very slow burner, as they spend an awful lot of time on character development, but it was an interesting watch.
                              Stop watching new stuff and start your viewing of Game Of Thrones.

                              Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                                Stop watching new stuff and start your viewing of Game Of Thrones.
                                You know I might just start watching GOT this week.

                                wait a second, what is this show called Mr Robot... hmmmm.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X