Harry was right!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry was right!!!

Bird Flu has arrived in the UK. it'll be over here next.
    we're dooomed[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

<a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

believe me Ruck it doesn't bring any smile to my face knowing that 65% of the forum's members will not be able to post here in the future, as they will be dead. But hey lets look on the bright side, some of us have the bird flu masks and kit so will carry the flag for you.

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Lets hope it is gone by the 30th March!!!!!!!!
      Munster to Win the HCUP in 2012!

Comment

But Harry didn't you only buy two Bird Flu suits?

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

correct I will giving the kits to my wife and child, I myself am immune, having eaten an infected turkey at Christmas deliberately and survived.

those of you who wish to survive the disaster to come go here

http://www.surviveall.co.uk/shop/home.php?cat=269
          Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

The suits in DEFRA are claiming that eating chicken is not a route of infection for H5N1. Civil servants saying things like that worry me.
            Time And Relative Dimensions In Space

Comment

I'm still worried about mad cow...

Comment

Originally posted by Harry

correct I will giving the kits to my wife and child, I myself am immune, having eaten an effected turkey at Christmas deliberately and survived.

This is all you need Harry. Willie will save you.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Apparently if you throw your iodine tablets at the chickens then you won't get bird flu. I'm not too sure how effective throwing chickens with bird flu at Sellafield is though.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                      <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                      http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                      </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by Harry

correct I will giving the kits to my wife and child, I myself am immune, having eaten an infected turkey at Christmas deliberately and survived.

Those famiily kits are a bit worrying Harry. 100 respirators &amp; 10 x 100childrens' masks.

How many kids do they expect us to have. We're not rabbits FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by toyman

Those famiily kits are a bit worrying Harry. 100 respirators &amp; 10 x 100childrens' masks.

How many kids do they expect us to have. We're not rabbits FFS.

I think you should start to have kids at around 19 years old, before you know it may be too late.

Seriously. Don't mind the job and all that, the men can look after that and provide for that sort of thing. just let us goes to the rugby now and again.

Comment

<h1>Bird flu no threat</h1>
                            <h5>Email this storyPrint this story
                            Tuesday February 06, 2007

</h5>
                            <div ="featureImage" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="width: 230px;">
                            <div ="parentFeatPanel">
                            <h4>Bird flu</h4>
                            <ul ="linkList">[*]Egyptian girl dies of bird flu[*]Turkeys gassed as virus hits[/list]
                            </div>
                            </div>

An outbreak of bird flu in Britain last week does not pose a threat
                            to New Zealand, but the arrival of the virus here is inevitable, the
                            Health Ministry says.

More than 50,000 turkeys on a farm in
                            Suffolk were gassed during the weekend and 100,000 more will be
                            slaughtered after birds tested positive for the H5N1 virus.

The
                            national co-ordinator of pandemic planning, Steve Brazier, said
                            pandemic planning had been under way for the past 18 months and New
                            Zealand would be ready "when the big one hits".

The Government had stockpiles of masks, antibiotics and Tamiflu, a drug thought to lessen some of the effects of the disease.

Maybe I'll take a detour via Suffolk and pick up a few "souvenirs" on my way home...[img]smileys/evil.gif[/img]
                            I am not an alcoholic - alcoholics go to meetings.

Comment

Why worry about bird flu....

20 February 2007

UN urged to take action on asteroid

By Irene Klotz, San Francisco
                              AN asteroid may come uncomfortably close to Earth in 2036 and the United Nations should assume responsibility for a space mission to deflect it, a group of astronauts, engineers and scientists have warned.

Astronomers are monitoring an asteroid named Apophis, which has a one-in-45,000 chance of striking Earth on April 13, 2036.

Kamchatkans and Venezuelans should be nervous as the 20-million-tonne asteroid could be heading their way.

But, according to New Scientist, Californians have even more reason to worry — the asteroid is more likely to hit the Pacific Ocean, triggering a tsunami that could devastate the west coast of North America.

These are among the scenarios projected for asteroid Apophis. Calculations show it would strike somewhere along a narrow track that stretches eastward from Siberia to the west coast of Africa.

Although the odds of an impact by this particular asteroid are low, a recent congressional mandate for NASA to upgrade its tracking of near-Earth asteroids is expected to uncover hundreds, if not thousands, of threatening space rocks in the near future, former astronaut Rusty Schweickart said.

“It’s not just Apophis we’re looking at. Every country is at risk. We need a set of general principles to deal with this issue,” added Schweickart, a member of the Apollo 9 crew that orbited the earth in March 1969.

Schweickart plans to present an update next week to the UN Committee on Peaceful Uses of Outer Space on plans to develop a blueprint for a global response to an asteroid threat.

The Association of Space Explorers, a group of former astronauts and cosmonauts, intends to host a series of high-level workshops this year to flesh out the plan and will make a formal proposal to the UN in 2009, he said.

Schweickart wants to see the UN adopt procedures for assessing asteroid threats and deciding if and when to take action.

The favoured approach to dealing with a potentially deadly space rock is to dispatch a spacecraft that would use gravity to alter the asteroid’s course so it no longer threatens Earth, said astronaut Ed Lu, a veteran of the International Space Station.

The so-called Gravity Tractor could maintain a position near the threatening asteroid, exerting a gentle tug that, over time, would deflect the asteroid.

An asteroid the size of Apophis, which is about 460 feet long, would take about 12 days of gravity-tugging, Lu added.

Mission costs are estimated at $300 million. Launching an asteroid deflection mission early would reduce the amount of energy needed to alter its course and increase the chances of a successful outcome, Schweickart said. NASA says the precise effect of a 460-foot object hitting the Earth would depend on what the asteroid was made of and the angle of impact.

Paul Slovic, president of Oregon-based Decision Research, which studies judgment, decision-making and risk analysis, said the asteroid could take out an entire city or region.

Click here for irishexaminer.com stories before this date
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                              X