X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Explanation, of sorts..

<DIV>Right lads, this is what you wanted.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>First of all, bare in mind that as a group of moderators, we are all still learning on what is required of us as moderators of the site.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>One thing that didn't happen prior to socks' ban was a discussion on the topic. Going forward, we have agreed that it will take place before anybody else is banned.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>As for the reason for socks ban, he started a thread "worst moderator on the internet". this after referring to Point as a nazi moderator frequently over the passed few weeks.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Not all of the moderators agreed with having socks banned, but once a ban is in place, it will remain in place. If we start banning and unbanning people after an hour, things will just get out of control.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>None of the moderators were forced to toe any particular party line. it was an open discussion between some, and not all of the moderators. (we can't all be online forever).</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I'm sure plenty of you will remain unhappy and give out, but an explanation is what you requested, and there you have it.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Ruck.</DIV>
    <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
    http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
    </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Is'nt an ex-plantation somewhere in the deep south that used to grow cotton?
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

<DIV>
      Originally posted by Upfront_1979
      </DIV>
      <DIV>ah, well spotted, i shall correct that[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]</DIV>
      </a>

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
        <DIV>
        Originally posted by Upfront_1979
        </DIV>
        <DIV>ah, well spotted, i shall correct that[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]</DIV>

Nah, ban him[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck
          <DIV></DIV>
          <DIV>One thing that didn't happen prior to socks' ban was a discussion on the topic. Going forward, we have agreed that it will take place before anybody else is banned.</DIV>
          <DIV></DIV>
          <DIV>
          </DIV>
          <DIV></DIV>
          <DIV>Surely its only fair that he be unbanned, then you lot have the discussion, then ban him or not.</DIV>
          <DIV></DIV>
          <DIV></DIV>

Comment

Thanks - now I feel enlightened

Comment

So one person made the decision for all.....my point again....why not just have one mod then, cos the rest of you just bowwed down.

The right thing at this time would be to un-ban Socks, and then make your set of rules up, don't make them as you go.

One mod looks like a dictator at the moment....

Comment

So you've moved the goalposts?.......... Unban him and start anew.

Comment

Ozoyo message when this site opened.

We now have a full team of moderators
                  We have decided to increase moderation on the new site so anything abusive, libellous or off topic will be instantly deleted. We have worked a lot on this new site and we intend to keep it clean...
                  We count on you to respect this place.

http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/for...sp?TID=48&amp; PN=1&amp;FID=1&amp;PR=3
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Nonsense Bitter, we reviewed the situation and decided Point was right,
                    it wasn't a lightly taken decision but just becuase someone is a mod
                    doesn't mean he is allowed be the recipient of continual snide abuse.
                    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Nobody seems to be prepared to make a decision when Point is offline.

Comment

<DIV>
                        Originally posted by wildRover
                        </DIV>
                        <DIV></DIV>
                        <DIV>What on earth does that mean? What decision needs to be made?</DIV>
                        </a>

Comment

Originally posted by wildRover

?
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Thanks Ruck.

I think it's well-known that there are posters here who don't, won't or can't see eye to eye or agree on things and have a history of disagreement reaching back years. I'm not sure if it's right that the personal animosities should translate into bannings. I'm not keen on calling people nazis either but, you know, if you don't want people to think you're heavy-handed, banning them for saying that you are isn't exactly smart.

Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                              Nonsense Bitter, we reviewed the situation and decided Point was right,

it wasn't a lightly taken decision but just becuase someone is a mod

doesn't mean he is allowed be the recipient of continual snide abuse.
                              Joey, if anything, snide abuse was going the other way!

Comment

Working...
                              X