• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mebawsa Ritchie
    Originally posted by Bosco
    Originally posted by blackandwhite

Originally posted by taz
    I'd sooner wlak.
    14,800 when scrapping a car ,great deal.

Not for the one in the pic though I'd say. Had a look at one of those last week, think it was the Tom Tom spec, lot more than 14,800. For the record I'm on my second Megane saloon and am thinking about changing my car. I think the new Astra is miles better looking than either the new Megane or the Flatulence.
    the one for 14K is still a good spec,

the Kia Pro'ceed is still the nicest looking car in that range imo
    You won't be able to give away a Kia used though.
    The new Astra is lovey but the engine is still dead as a do-do in second. My neighbour works for Opel so I get a spin in all the new opels.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo
      The new Astra is lovey but the engine is still dead as a do-do in second. My neighbour works for Opel so I get a spin in all the new opels.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
      Which engine?

p.s. Not being a clever Richard here but if a car is dead in 2nd it'll be dead in every other gear too, unless there's a huge gap in the gearing between 1 and 2 that is.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo
        Which engine?

p.s. Not being a clever Richard here but if a car is dead in 2nd it'll be dead in every other gear too, unless there's a huge gap in the gearing between 1 and 2 that is.
        Well Dick, All but the CDTI.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

guys, have vw passat 1.9 tdi, when was driving earlier there was no power in it, was as if turbo never kicked in, stopped car and took out key and restarted and was grand again, just wondering if this is a normal occurance or cud it be leading to something more serious? cheers in advance

Comment

No chance you might have left the hand brake on?
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

no i def had the hand brake off!!

Comment

Dirty fuel or filter?

Some more technical queries here.

Comment

Originally posted by cottager
                  guys, have vw passat 1.9 tdi, when was driving earlier there was no power in it, was as if turbo never kicked in, stopped car and took out key and restarted and was grand again, just wondering if this is a normal occurance or cud it be leading to something more serious? cheers in advance
                  This has happen me twice before with two separate cars, it sounds like the filter and it will need replacing if it is. You will find the problem will get progressively worse the more you drive it. At first it will rectify itself by turning the car off and restarting but that will stop eventually.

Find out the part from your local garage and buy it off ebay. Then get a local guy to put it in. I needed two parts for my van recently, the garage quoted me €120 for the two. I got them from ebay delivered from the UK for €37 all in. The dealers are a rip off.
                  \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                  Dalai Lama

Comment

Lads, any idea how much the turbo would cost on a 06 vw passat 1.9tdi 110bhp?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I was driving an 02 Audi A4 tdi in the outside lane of the M3in the UK about a year ago and same thing happened, completely lost power as thought somebody switched off the engine. It was pretty hairy trying to get over three lane to the hard shoulder with no power but restarted it and everything was fine, very strange.

Comment

Lads, any idea how much the turbo would cost on a 06 vw passat 1.9tdi 110bhp?[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
                        c. €1000 including fitting maybe.

Comment

<DIV id=post_message_66060835>was talkin to lad who i bought car off of up north, he says that it is the wastegate valve that needs to be taken out and cleaned cos they need to test the vacuum on the wastegate valve, he reckons most of dealers wont bother doing that but wil automatically say to get new turbo? anybody ever have to get this done before?or know anybody in limk area who might do it? cheers </DIV>

Comment

<div id="post_message_66060835">was talkin to lad who i bought car off of up north, he says that it is the wastegate valve that needs to be taken out and cleaned cos they need to test the vacuum on the wastegate valve, he reckons most of dealers wont bother doing that but wil automatically say to get new turbo? anybody ever have to get this done before?or know anybody in limk area who might do it? cheers </div>
                            Any mechanic could do that Cottager.

I'd be inclined to get it hooked up to a diagnostic computer - your problem could be caused by several things - sensors, MAF, etc.

Avoid the main dealers too - they are cruelly expensive even for basic diagnostics.

Comment

Moral is never buy a DERV from the north, at least 50% all fuel is washed up there. Makes s**te of engines

Comment

Driving home I heard a low growl from the engine and power is down. 0-60 in 3 minutes as long as there is no up hill! I hope it's not the turbo again.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img] Anyway meanwhile the lads throw me keys and transfer insurance for me and I locate my substitute. In the yard it's a case of what has seats and tax. No wonder the lads were grinning. A lovely subaru Impreza with the loudest exhaust on it! Great cars and engines but I'm not rallying. So for the week I am one of those boy racers with an exhaust that blasts the ear drums off you. The kids think it's fabulous and I am not one to waste what's under a bonnet so I too am enjoying it for now or at least until I start wanting ear plugs.[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X